Thread: New with new diagnosis of Lupus

Thanks

Default New with new diagnosis of Lupus

Hi! I have been through the ringer with diagnosis from doctors. I have so many autoimmune issues, but this week doctor said I have mild Lupus on top of it all.

I really need to know if all of my other issues are common with Lupus sufferers.

And...Lupus Sucks!

Thanks for listening.

Thanks

Hi there, I am also new to the forum and like you in the beginning I was also being told one thing and then another (which gets SO irritating at times)! what does the doctor mean by mild lupus? what are your symptoms exactly?
    what are your other issues?

I know lupus sucks big time
    chat soon I hope

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello and Welcome to our WHL family.
    I am glad that you found us and that you decided to join us. The short answer to your question is:
    It is very common for auto-immune disorders to overlap. Almost all of us here suffer from more than one auto immune disease; many with LUPUS being the first to appear and the others to develop afterwards. However, it is not uncommon for others to appear and then for Lupus to develop. Once we are afflicted with one auto immune disorder, we are prone to developing others. So, yes, your overlapping issues are quite common.
    It is important, now that you are said to have mild Lupus, that you make the appropriate lifestyle changes needed in order to help prevent your Lupus from escalating. Mild Lupus generally means that your internal organs are not yet involved, that you may not have to take a lot of medications to manage your Lupus and that you have no life-threatening issues immediately at hand due to Lupus. So, please take any and all medications prescribed, follow the regimen suggested for appropriate lifestyle changes to protect yourself and to manage your Lupus. These can be found in the "Sticky's" at the top of each forum.
    If you have any questions at all, please know that we are here to help you as much as we can.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!