Thread: Hayfever and histamines...

Thanks

Question Hayfever and histamines...

Hi peeps

I'm wondering if anybody knows whether hayfever can cause a flare of sorts. This time of year I always have flu symptoms (mostly sore skin, throbbing sensitivity in my neck and head and just feeling generally like I need to sit in a corner and not move at all).
    Maybe it's the sudden sun that's my issue. I think hayfever tablets help, but could they be helping photosensitivity rather than treating my hayfever? I really feel quite poorly, but I'm getting on with it...as u do!
    Any thoughts?

Jayniex

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Anything that sets your immune system off can trigger a flare, which allergies do. It could also be photo sensitivity just as you mentioned. I think this would be a great topic to discuss with your doc. I do want to add that you need to be careful about taking allergy meds, or any meds that are over the counter, without first discussing it with your doc. You have to make sure that they don't interfere with your other medications
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (05-12-2013)

Thanks

I heard that in china & japan they use afedrine for cancer,desease & all kinds of things.