Thread: Humpty Dumpty

Hybrid View

Thanks

Question Humpty Dumpty

Hello Everyone,

I was just formally diagnosed with SLE October 2012...I have esophogeal, nasal, gastric, skin, neurological, and lung issues. Everyday has been an experience. I am still trying to educate myself about this disease. I am in the process of trying to learn what triggers my flares and what to eat and what supplements I should be taking. I haven't been to my Rheumatologist, since I was diagnosed and prescribed Plaquenil, because my Dr. bills are out of control and I can't make an appt. until I get my bill paid down. Needless to say I am hoping to receive and share any knowledge I can about this disease. God Bless

Thanks

Hi Ms K,
    welcome to the club! Sorry to hear you are having many issues! I hope things work out soon and you can get back to your rheumatologist! Do you have any free clinics in the area? If anything follow up with some type of Dr may help ! Keep up with the plaquinel but remember too go to the ER if you are having any major issues!! Regardless of payment they have to treat you! Feel better soon!!
    Diagnosed in 1990 at age 11.
    Trust in the Lord with all of your heart!

Thanks

I'm new at this too Ms K. I bought a copy of "THIS" book and use it as my guide when symptoms and issues arise.

Godspeed on getting your bills from underfoot.

Thanks

Hi Mrs K,

The book that Tammy recommended is excellent. I have referred to it (The Lupus Book by Daniel Wallace) repeatedly since I was diagnosed. Our local library has it so you may want to check there for it. Glad to hear you are keeping up with your plaquenil. That seems to really help the disease process.

Nicole

Thanks

Hi
    Is their a teaching hospital close to you? They usually have clinics where you can be seen for free and also help with your meds.
    Luci

Thanks

Hi ! I'm intrigued... What is this book ? Can I find the book on internet ? I'm from Roumania and i bet it's not in this country...