Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hip pain?

Thanks

Unhappy hip pain?

Hi everyone, for the last few weeks I've been having terrible hip pain on my right hip. It hurts really bad when I stand after I've been sitting for a while. For those of you that don't know me I already have avascular necrosis on both knees and Im really scared that that's what I'm getting on my hip as I know it's more common on the hip than on the knee. I have an appointment to my orthopedic tomorrow, hopefully its not AVN of the hip.
    I've also heard the term bursitis (sp?) can anyone with hip issues chime in. Any thoughts would greatly be appreciated, I'd like to steer my mind as far away from AVN as possible.
    Diagnosed in 2010 with SLE, recurring pericarditis, pericardial and pleural effusions. Fibromyalgia, Avascular Necrosis on both knees, IBS, Gastroparesis, migraines, DVT's, Pulmoray Emboli. Arthritis, pinched nerves and bulging disk all on the neck. Hyperthyroid issues. Neuropthy, anemia and insomnia "taking it one day at a time, what more can I do"

Thanks

S-I joint problems are also common with lupus - I have had some awful hip pain (especially after sitting) because of that over the years. Fortunately, it's been pretty much fixed with physical therapy - no surgery or drugs involved! Basically, inflammation in the joint caused things to get out of alignment, and by using PT techniques and massage my PT was able to gt things back in alignment, and teach me how to keep them there.

It still flares up occasionally so I go back in for a few sessions, but mostly I am able to keep it pretty healthy now.

There are LOTS of reasons for hip pain...most of them aren't as bad as AVN. I'll be sending you all my best wishes and hope that you get good news on this....

Thanks

Thanks sleepy, I'm really nervous about this situation.
    Diagnosed in 2010 with SLE, recurring pericarditis, pericardial and pleural effusions. Fibromyalgia, Avascular Necrosis on both knees, IBS, Gastroparesis, migraines, DVT's, Pulmoray Emboli. Arthritis, pinched nerves and bulging disk all on the neck. Hyperthyroid issues. Neuropthy, anemia and insomnia "taking it one day at a time, what more can I do"

Thanks

I also have hip pain occasionally. Mine comes after sleeping. When I wake my hip will hurt like it fell out and back in socket. Usually the hip stays painful/sensitive for 3-4 days, and I'm usually limping from he pain the first 2 days.
    I've been diagnosed with SLE and secondary of Sjogren's
    , so many of my joints will randomly be painful most particularly my hands and wrists.

Thanks

I have hip pain daily, no matter, if I am sitting, walking, standing or sleeping on it. The Mobic ( anti inflammatory) helps a little, but does not make the pain go away. The only thing, that knocks out the pain, is 40mg of pred.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

Thanks for the replies, so is this from the Lupus? I can't take the prednisone anymore because that's what caused the AVN in the first place : ( I hate it anyway. The xrays didn't show anything just like I expected, now I have to get an MRI, hopefully it's just from the Lupus and nothing more than that

Thanks

My joint pain is from inflamation, which is from my Lupus and or Sjogren's. I'm sorry they haven't figured it out yet for you, but I'm happy it wasn't what you feared. Good luck getting an answer from the MRI! And please let us know how it goes.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Abbyrition For This Useful Post:

chikititalinda (09-06-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chikititalinda View Post
    Thanks for the replies, so is this from the Lupus? I can't take the prednisone anymore because that's what caused the AVN in the first place : ( I hate it anyway. The xrays didn't show anything just like I expected, now I have to get an MRI, hopefully it's just from the Lupus and nothing more than that
    It is most likely from the Lupus, that is what my rheumy said, but I also have RA, so it could be from that, but it is treated the same way, with anti inflammatory.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

Sjorjen's causes inflamation? I have it also. I guess I haven't bothered researching enough. better start!

Thanks

That's funny - I felt the same way last week. I had been fighting the Lupus, and recently I started getting a cold sore because my lips have been more chapped than usual. I thought perhaps the Sjogren's was acting up or getting worse so I finally got around to looking it up. Most of my symptoms could either be contributed to Lupus or Sjogren's, joint pain included. My doc isn't worried which one it is because they are treated with the same treatments, so by treating one, it should make the other better.