Thread: New to this site

Thanks

Default New to this site

Hello Everyone I have had Lupus for several years now. I work as a nurse and have 4 grandchildren who keep me going. I am looking for people to chat with my family is very supportive of me and help anyway they can and I work with a great group of nurses but its still would be nice to talk with other people who have lupus and understand how I fill.

Thanks

Hi luci, and welcome to WHL forums. I'm not much of a "conversationalist" tonight, can't seem to think yet again. It's good to have an understanding and supportive family helping you through this, and to have co-workers like that, well I'll just call it unusual... I'm also blessed with an understanding family, but where I work couldn't care less if I live and breath, much less feel pain, just so long as I give twenty-four hour notice of my expiration... lol
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jmail For This Useful Post:

luci (05-05-2013)

Thanks

Hi Luci,

Hello and welcome to you. I am also a nurse and have had lupus 3 years now. How do you go manage working? I work 4 days a week clinic hours so no shift work which suits me.
    Did you get diagnosed through the doctors at your work? I was lucky to get onto some doctors at the hospital i work in and they did some specific tests pretty quickly so it was a great help. I see all my doctors at the hospital and have all the tests i need through work as well so it certainly has helped me financially as well. It sounds like you have a very supportive family. I have found this forum fantastic as i didn't know anyone else with lupus and have learnt so much through this wonderful supportive family.
    Looking forward to chatting with you.

Sam xx

Thanks

My doctor at work is my general doctor and he diagnosed me. I work in a very small hospital. We have opened a drug rehab unit that I have moved to it and it is much easier.I work 3 days a week 12 hour shifts. I am currently out till the 13th for therapy on my back and legs. My daughter is great she helps me around the house and my son does all the yard work. They have both moved onto the property in the last couple of months. Hope to speak with you often.

Thanks

Hi Luci!

welcome! And happy nurses week from one nurse to another!!!
    We are here for you always for that extra support you need! Having friends who know exactly what you are going through is very important!
    Hope you have a wonderful day!
    Diagnosed in 1990 at age 11.
    Trust in the Lord with all of your heart!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ButterflyRN For This Useful Post:

Sammy (05-07-2013)