Thread: May I just whine?

Thanks

Unhappy May I just whine?

I don't like to post like this. I post very irregularly because I don't like to talk about my symptoms much at all. But I need to vent. And this is really somewhat tangential to lupus. I also have scoliosis that has been worsening with age. I recently turned 49 and have been menopausal for a year. As a result ive put on 15 pounds and the weight is pulling on my upper back such that it is in constant pain. I have tried aspirin and Tylenol and now my gut can't take either or any other anti-inflammatory med. so I'm just in pain all day and all night all the time.

I have a new (first) and beautiful grandbaby that I want to hold at every opportunity and this makes it very difficult. I try to work out but it's so hard to do that when my back is screaming obscenities at me.

At this moment I am in bed because I gave in and took aspirin last night which tore up my gut and now I am queasy. But lying down actually makes my back worse.

I know it isn't life threatening but right now it is life altering. I'm struggling to focus on my thesis and my home job as well.

Okay. Well. Thanks. I just needed to get that out of my system. I'm not looking for answers and I'm not looking for sympathy. I don't need hugs and whatnot. I just needed to "hear myself talk." If my momma could listen and understand I would just call her but dementia has taken that option from me.

Thanks

I know, that you are not looking for sympathy, but you have mine anyway.
    My scoliosis was discovered about 10 years ago, I never knew that I have it. I am 57 now, have Lupus, RA and Sjogrens, am slightly overweight and my upper back pain is really bad. It is a stabbing, ripping kind of pain, if yours is like mine, I do know what it feels like.
    When mine was discovered, my doctor said, that the operation would be to dangerous and not really neccesary. Well, he is not the one unduring this pain. The good thing is, that mine does not hurt ALL the time.
    Congrats on your grandbaby.
    Hope you find relief.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

3. The Following User Says Thank You to debbie-b For This Useful Post:

KCat (05-02-2013)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

One of the things we are here for is to be a place to vent. We all need ears sometimes. I think we learn to deal with the big things but the "little ones" that the doctors don't think matter sometimes change our lives the most. It's ok to be upset by that. It's ok to come here and talk to us about it because we get it. We can't fix it for you and you know that but we can support and love you through it and sometimes that is all that we need
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

5. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

KCat (05-02-2013)

Thanks

Vent on..... Loved ones can say they are supportive or understanding but it still isn't the same if they can't relate. We are here to listen. In fact I am about to put a post and vent about my dr

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Leaniebean For This Useful Post:

KCat (05-06-2013)