Thread: Fever woes

Thanks

Talking Fever woes

Hi all,

Again last night the terrible fever came on. It was so sudden and i felt terrible so quickly that i felt for sure i was getting the flu or blood poisoning( as you do )... Temp was high and i was shivering and boiling all night and my joints were screaming at me not to move. This morning i'm ok i don't feel great, certainly no worse and have gone to work. This is the second episode in about 3 weeks. I have had these before but they are getting a lot worse. I had bloods done two days ago ESR, CRP elevated which is normal for me but all else not too bad. I am going to have some more today and just compare. Thank god i'm seeing the Rheumy tomorrow... I am just on MTX as i stopped the plaquenil awhile ago as i had too many gut symptoms. I am wondering if i might be able to try a different drug? Does anyone else have success with others. I had to drop back to 20mg of MTX because of high liver readings so just not sure of where i'm at.
    Thank you for listening to my whinge, just feeling Lupus is controlling me too much at the moment.

Sam xx

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Has your white blood cell count been checked? Often, these types of fevers are indicative of an infection of some type. If your white blood cell count is OK, then I am glad that other tests are being run. I do hope that you are able to find another medication that does not cause this reaction in your body. Please keep us posted about the results of your blood tests.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Saysusie For This Useful Post:

Sammy (05-02-2013)