Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving back to Texas.

Thanks

Default Moving back to Texas.

My husband and I decided to move back to Dallas. We have moved here to Rochester NY 8 years ago, because the heat in Dallas was killing me. I would stay at home, never go outside during the summer, I would go from the airconditioned house to the airconditioned car, that's it, no outside activity.
    I couldn't take walks or even sit outside, because I am very heat sensitive.
    Well two years after moving here, I was diagnosed with Lupus, a year later with RA and last year with Sjogrens and because of that, I don't do anything outside here either. The weather right now is super, 65 F the right weather to go outside, take a walk or hike. We have some many beautyful places here, but now I am to sick to do it.
    I still work, but when I come home from work, I fall into my chair, unable to move.
    We miss our kids and grand kids so much, they all live in Texas. We had 8 Christmasses without any family around. Since I can't do anything outside anyway, I might as well stay in the home in Dallas, where our family is.
    We are excided, about going back. We haven't told the kids or grand kids anything yet, because we have just started to make plans. In the next few days, we will tell them, they are going to be so happy.
    The plan is to leave here the end of July.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to debbie-b For This Useful Post:

Sammy (05-01-2013), tgal (05-02-2013)

Thanks

Hi Debbie,

That's great news. To be close to your loves ones again will be fantastic i'm sure they will be thrilled when they find out.

Sam xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Sammy For This Useful Post:

debbie-b (05-02-2013)

Thanks

I understand and support your decision to return to where your friends and family are. If you're a prisoner of your home anyway, you may as well be surrounded by those that you love.

Personally, I can't imagine being away from my kids for eight Christmases. I think that would simply break my heart.

Congrats on your decision!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BonusMom For This Useful Post:

debbie-b (05-02-2013)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,118 Posts

I am happy for you.......you thought it through. and considered all options. family is a great support when you are tired. especially grand children..... they wear you out, but there love is worth it.
    When you're stressed, You eat Ice cream, Cake, Chocolate & Sweets. Why? Because stressed spelled backwards is DESSERTS.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

debbie-b (05-02-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BonusMom View Post
    I understand and support your decision to return to where your friends and family are. If you're a prisoner of your home anyway, you may as well be surrounded by those that you love.

Personally, I can't imagine being away from my kids for eight Christmases. I think that would simply break my heart.

Congrats on your decision!
    It did break my heart, believe me. We could only see each other once a year, but never at Christmas, because we have tons of snow here and I didn't want them to get stuck at an airport somewhere over Christmas.
    This coming Christmas is going to be awesome.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Being In TX I understand why you left but I understand even more the reason for coming back. Family is so important and I am so glad you will be close to yours again! Let us know when the move happens!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Hey debbie-b, now you'll be close enough that you can call the kids and tell them it's their turn to mom-sit... wink

Right now, my 13 year old is "dad-sitting" me, getting me a glass of water, or plugging in the laptop charger for me...

Good luck with the move, and don't do too much!
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."

Blog Entries
    Thanks

YEY welcome back to Texas, you know since I live in Amarillo it's not as bad as Dallas. It's hot and no I don't leave my house during the summer but luckily it's not humid so it's a good compromise.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'm in Dallas I understand re: the heat I don't go anywhere during the summer. Seems like being close to family where you can at least find some enjoyment and love indoors would be supportive. I've thought several times about moving out of Texas because the heat aggravates my symptoms but I would miss my family too much
    32 YO Wife, Mother and Advocate
    Lupus - Subclavian Bypass May of 2009. Ectopic Lentis, Scoliosis(not lupus related)
    Current medications: Aspirin, Plaquenil, multi vitamins, folic acid, Methotrexate, Tramadol PRN

You can find me on facebook at www.facebook.com/sororenotis
    Please tell me you are from here and who you are if you add me there.

I work full time and Leader for International Autoimmune Arthritis Movement
    http://www.iaamovement.org/

Thanks

Hi Debbie! Funny how you are talking about moving back to Texas. My husband and I are considering a move to San Antonio for my health. The cold kills me and seems to start a flare every 2 years as winter gets its woes for me. I currently live in VA. Over the years as I have gotten older the cold affects me so much more. My trip is coming up in a few days but just Sunday I developed some calf pain and I am concerned I have a Blood clot and will have to cancel my trip. I am flaring right now and my kidneys are spilling too much protein putting me at high risk for clots right now. I see my doctor this afternoon ( perfect timing!) so I will hopefully get an Ultrasound and find out! I have a sneaky suspicion I'm staying home
    i hope your move to Dallas from cold NY goes smooth! Enjoy getting to be with your family again!
    Diagnosed in 1990 at age 11.
    Trust in the Lord with all of your heart!