Thread: Update, mental health therapist

Thanks

Default Update, mental health therapist

Hey every one, I finally (sort of) fixed my computer so I'm able to post. For those that remember I've been out of work since Feb due to pericarditis AGAIN! I fell into a deep depression where all I want to do is be in bed all day. At the suggestion of my primary care doctor, I'm seeing a therapist who specializes in people with chronic health conditions. Ive been seeing her a couple of weeks now, and I have an appointment scheduled for the psychiatrist at the end of the month. I'm not sure if its helping yet, I do miss my job and my "normal" life what ever that was prior lupus 2010.
    Diagnosed in 2010 with SLE, recurring pericarditis, pericardial and pleural effusions. Fibromyalgia, Avascular Necrosis on both knees, IBS, Gastroparesis, migraines, DVT's, Pulmoray Emboli. Arthritis, pinched nerves and bulging disk all on the neck. Hyperthyroid issues. Neuropthy, anemia and insomnia "taking it one day at a time, what more can I do"

Thanks

We're with you on the journey chikititalinda. Talking about things can help a lot, and other folks might be able to see things for you to avoid, or maybe alter something that you're doing, and help immensely...
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

I want you to know how proud i am of you. It takes such strength and courage to admit when we need to take that step. It is not a sign of weakness. It is a sign of strength and of being willing to do whatever is needed to get better. As I said in another post, sometimes this is about the loss of the life we had a d the pain we deal with but it can also be about what the actual disease does to our brain. Either way this is NOT about you this is about Lupus. This is simply another part of what it is going to take for you to get to a better place

I really am proud of you
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

jmail (05-04-2013), steve.b (05-01-2013)

Thanks

I can't say it any better than Mari, so I'll just agree with her!!!!

And add a big THANK YOU for sharing this with us - you never know who it might help. We really need to de-stigmatize mental healthcare. It's JUST as important to take care of our minds and emotions as our bodies!!!! Therapists/psychiatrists/psychologists/counselors are just people who are interested in (and trained in) efficient and effective ways to do that. No reason in the world we shouldn't consult them when we are suffering!!!!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SleepyInSeattle For This Useful Post:

jmail (05-04-2013), steve.b (05-01-2013)