Thread: Lupus and menstral

Thanks

Default Lupus and menstral

Hello all. I have been diagnosed with Lupus which later turned to MCTD. I want to know if anyone can tell me the connection of lupus and menstrals? I may have a menstral once yearly

Thanks

I was wondering the same thing. I can't tie menstrual changes exactly to lupus because my Rheumy still hasn't put the final diagnosis on it because well I am not 100% sure. But since I started getting sick my cycles where virtual to none. It's amazing now. Barely a cramp. I really do feel as though there is some type of connection

Thanks

No change at all due to SLE.

Thanks

When I first got diagnosed I already hadn't had my menstrual for 3 months and prior to that I always got it on time (28 days). I think for some reason mine tends to get really short or skips if I'm having a flare or close to one. Oh but after like 6 months of skipping it, I got it for a longer time and I had extreme cramps everyday (which I kind of had before anyways).

Thanks

It depends on the person. It is thought Estrogen plays a role in lupus. I personally have no issues but I think there are some out there that do!
    Diagnosed in 1990 at age 11.
    Trust in the Lord with all of your heart!