Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sore feet - like really really sore!

Thanks

Default Sore feet - like really really sore!

Prior to starting the plaquenil, MTX and steroids, I had sore feet as though someone had hit them with a hammer, the sides of my heels hurt, my toes hurt and it is agony to walk. The steroids, MTX and plaquenil sorted that out at first but after an attempt to reduce the preds from 5mgs to 4mgs as I am having weight issues as in I cant get my weight down, well this triggered a bad flare - who would have thought 1mg would have made that much difference, I am now back up to 5mgs and have been on steroids for over a year now with no break.

My lungs are so dry and painful, I am getting breathless as well and the MTX doesnt seem to be working now and I am unable to increase it as I am only just tolerating the dose I am on.

What I would like to ask is that do any of you get foot pain? I dont get anything on the sole of my feet, just the sides of my heel and my toes and my ankles swell up.

Not sure if it is an AI issue but either way, I could cry. Rheumy is not sure if there is a lupus overlap with the sjogrens but what I do know is that I never knew my joints could hurt so much.

Thank you in advance.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Corella For This Useful Post:

Sammy (04-28-2013)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hello foot pain, goodbye spiked heels. I know foot pain all too well. Low heels, good arch support and well built shoes and sandals are the way for me. Comfort over style and fortunately style is catching up with comfort. I also soak my feet a lot and use analgesic creams. Elevate them whenever you can. My toes flare a lot. Feels like they are being stepped on. Breaking every one of them at least twice hasn't helped matters. Make sure your shoes have wiggle room for your toes.
    "I'm going to get healthy or die trying"

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ruziska For This Useful Post:

lmgillis (05-15-2014), Nonna (06-22-2014), Sammy (04-28-2013), Saysusie (06-19-2014)

Thanks

Hi Corella

Well you have hit the nail on the head for me. My feet are sooo bad at the moment i'm thinking amputation is an option. I don't know if i want to cry from the pain or just vomit it is that horrible. I'm not due to see my rheumy for about three weeks but have called in desperation and will see him this week. He wants me to have some bloods in advance to see if there is a flare happening and he thinks it might also have a neuropathy component. I have always had bad feet and have worn orthotics and i did get some new ones a couple of months ago which it looks like have made things worse and i have wasted my money. But I have never ever had this much pain... I believe i have some plantar fascitis ( sorry about spelling ) have a look into that because that causes a lot of heal pain. I am just hobbling around at the moment and feel so OLD. I'ts hard not to get down when you are just in constant pain and you can't even walk!!!.. Doctor doesn't want to give me pred until he sees me.
    Sorry to whine but believe me i feel your pain luv..
    I hope you get some answers too and know you are not alone.

Sam xxx

Thanks

Hi Corella

Well you have hit the nail on the head for me. My feet are sooo bad at the moment i'm thinking amputation is an option. I don't know if i want to cry from the pain or just vomit it is that horrible. I'm not due to see my rheumy for about three weeks but have called in desperation and will see him this week. He wants me to have some bloods in advance to see if there is a flare happening and he thinks it might also have a neuropathy component. I have always had bad feet and have worn orthotics and i did get some new ones a couple of months ago which it looks like have made things worse and i have wasted my money. But I have never ever had this much pain... I believe i have some plantar fascitis ( sorry about spelling ) have a look into that because that causes a lot of heal pain. I am just hobbling around at the moment and feel so OLD. I'ts hard not to get down when you are just in constant pain and you can't even walk!!!.. Doctor doesn't want to give me pred until he sees me.
    Sorry to whine but believe me i feel your pain luv..
    I hope you get some answers too and know you are not alone.

Sam xxx

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I came just to read if anyone had sore feet. Your not alone My feet the last two weeks feel like I have walk over a floor covered in Legos even after a full night sleep. If anyone has advice it would be great.

Thanks

i get sore feet but mine also hurt on the bottom, feels like boiling water on them, i cant reach them to massage so i massage with a ball and roll it on my feet, not much help, usually goes away on its own

Thanks

you have every right to whine, i have sore feet too, i know what u are going through, havent really found anything that helps much

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lmgillis View Post
    you have every right to whine, i have sore feet too, i know what u are going through, havent really found anything that helps much
    Since first posting this I am now on Cellcept as well as MTX and preds. I managed to get the preds down to 2 mgs (from 5mgs) and my joints all flared up but as I cant go above 5mgs, I had to get them down to the lowest possible dose because once Summer comes around I have no room to play with.

Anyway, because I have come down with a cold/throat infection and swollen glands, my GP has increased my preds up to 5mgs, he wanted me on 10mgs but I cant tolerate them so we agreed on 5mgs, he reckons as I have been on them a few years now my adrenals wont be able to produce enough steroids to cope with illness so have to increase for a week or so.

So i am back to square one, my joints are enjoying the 5mg dose and now I have to go back to that awful rebound pain and my joints will have to get used to reducing again.

And aside from the foot pain, I now have a new pain - in my thumbs but mainly my left thumb, like the tendon keeps locking/pulling and I cant grip stuff.

Perhaps I shall have to stay on the 5mgs as it is a whole lot better since I increased to that dose. But in the meantime I still have this bad cold - I havent had a cold in 3 years and this one is wiping the hell out of me. GP prescribed augamentin to take but I feel so sick I cant take them and I had to miss my MTX this Friday too as I feel so sick. He said to keep taking the cellcept and mtx though.

Thanks

Hi! I'm not sure if you have the same problems as I do, but you described your pain pretty similar to how mine has been. I suffered so bad with the pain for 10 years. I moved to another State 5 years ago and found a Great Rheumy. I do still get painful feet, however, I found out that I also have a heel spur and Plantar Fasciitis. After trying many things and trying to avoid shots in my feet or surgery, I found something that really helps. I saw an article where a man put duct tape around his foot in the arch area. I thought it sounded weird but I tried it. I thought it gave me a little relief, but it was a pain to use the tape. It was sticky and tried to put gauze under it and it wasn't working out. I went to Walgreens and found this thing that really did help. It's with the hand and wrist braces. I think it's called a Plantar foot bandage. It looks like a 3 inch tan elastic band.You just slip it around the area near the back of your arch. I think there's instructions on the package. You do need to put it on in the right place. I tried the other Plantar gadgets that were more expensive but didn't work as well. This thing costs about $7.00. I bought them 2 years ago. It took a few days, but it really does help me. I have slept with it on and even wear it with shoes. It helped me so much that I wanted to share the info. I don't know if you have Plantar Fasciitis or not, but you can look it up on the internet and see if what you're feeling fits the description. I sure you get some relief!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaydee For This Useful Post:

steve.b (06-09-2014)

Thanks

Just curious, have you ever been diagnosed with Raynauds?