Thread: SLE with multi-centric lymph node inflammation -lupus? Castlemans disease? Nhlymphoma

Thanks

Default SLE with multi-centric lymph node inflammation -lupus? Castlemans disease? Nhlymphoma

By LupieJuly 11, 2014Lupus with Lymphoma type symptoms (castlemans disease?)
    I have had lupus for 10 years. For the most part I control it. Take steroids as needed to control the flares, but generally speaking, my organs have been in great shape. In 2013, I gave birth to twins. I felt fine during pregnancy but post pregnancy I started feeling the lupus. I had a CT scan done in hospital and they said I had large fibroids. Anyway, over the next year I was on steroids, and have recently started benlysta to ween off steroids. I developed severe bronchitis in June from the twins and I was abnormally sick..bedridden with a bad cough in chest. I was having uncontrolled hot sweats, chills, fevers up to 103, terrible headaches and a wicked cough. Was put on a few different antibiotics an inhaler, and cough syrup, but wasn't getting better. They sent me for CT scan after seeing something on X-ray which then turned into wanting a PET scan and then lymph node biopsies. I was basically told that I had textbook non Hodgkin's lymphoma likely stage 4 based on what was glowing on the PET scans. It was a wake up call. My family was mourning this news...as I mentioned I am a momma to 1 year old twins. The following week I had my lymph node biopsies which have come back negative?! Oncologist has put me at 90 percent non cancer but following up in a month to redo the PET. I still don't know what is wrong thou? Is it multi centric lymph node inflation from lupus? Could I have castlemans disease? Who is the best rheumatology/oncology team to see in this situation. Someone with a lot of experience? I just want to know what it is and what I can do. Do I have lymphoma or is castlemans which is basically dormant lymphoma? Or is it something totally diff!? What doctors does anyone suggest and what works!!! I know this is rare.

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Unfortunately, we are not doctors and cannot speak to what your issues might be, could have been, or could possibly be. You are being seen by an oncologist and a rheumatologist..those are the best two types of doctors to see with reference to your diagnosis and your issues? I wish that I could be more helpful to you, but I am just not qualified to give you the answers that you seek. I am sorry.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!