Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello My Lupus Family..I Have Missed You!!

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Hello My Lupus Family..I Have Missed You!!

Hello everyone!
    I cannot tell you how much I have missed you all and WHL. I mentioned to Rob that I've only been gone for a little over two (2) months, but it feels as if I've been gone for over a year. I have finally been allowed to use my computer for longer than two minutes (lol), so I will be here regularly.
    So, let me give you all an update on my cancer and post-op condition:

As I mentioned before, the cancer was completely removed and there was no involvement in the lymph nodes. The tissue was sent out for another type of testing to gauge what my chances were of developing cancer again and if chemotherapy might be needed. I came back in the low 15 percentile, so chemotherapy was not warranted. In fact, it would do more harm than good. Since my cancer was 100% dependent upon estrogen for growth, I just have to take an estrogen blocker for five (5) years and then I should be completely out of the woods.
    However, there have been other issues plaguing me which have kept me away. I have had four additional surgeries since the major one on March 1st (mastectomy). After that surgery, a large portion of skin on the affected breast died (necrosis). So, I had to have surgery to remove the dead skin. Unfortunately, the skin that was left was so thin and frail that it would not hold the stitches. So, the would opened up twice, requiring two more surgeries to ablate the area and re-stitch it. Finally, the most recent surgery was this past Thursday (4/25) where, once again, the area was ablated, cut back to get good skin and re-stitched again. This time, however, most of the skin/wound had closed and there was only three small areas that had to be stitched. We are hoping and praying that these stitches hold and that the wound finally heals so that we can move on to reconstruction.
    This has been an emotional roller coaster for me..each time that the wound would re-open, I would fall into depression and despair thinking that this would never end. Looking at my mutilated body with an open wound has been so very difficult for me and it has been hard to remind myself that the most important issue is the fact that the cancer is gone!
    This has been hard on my husband and my family as well, but together we keep each other positive and hopeful. They have been wonderful and, if not for their support, their love, and their encouragement..I'd be committed by now
    I hope that you are all finding some days free of pain and finding some moments filled with joy. I will be here on a regular basis now (still not as much as before, but often) and I hope to get to know all of our new members and to catch up with all of you. I've missed you all so much!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Saysusie For This Useful Post:

BonusMom (04-28-2013), chikititalinda (04-30-2013), jmail (04-28-2013), rob (05-02-2013), Sammy (04-30-2013)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Not a day goes by that I don't think of you! I am so sorry this has been so hard but I am so glad the cancer news is good! You will never know how much you have been missed around here. You are our Mother, our strength, our encouragement and it just isn't the same when you are absent. You have been truly missed.

Keep taking care of yourself and get to 100%. We love you dearly
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (05-01-2013)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,641 Times in 1,127 Posts

hi mom, ... glad that you are finally home. may I offer a cyber hug. missed you
    When you're stressed, You eat Ice cream, Cake, Chocolate & Sweets. Why? Because stressed spelled backwards is DESSERTS.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (05-01-2013)

Thanks

Saysusie, it's great to "see" you again....!

I am so glad your body is now free of those nasty cells, though it sounds like they gave you a bit of a parting shot on the way out. So sorry you are dealing with that lingering wound. Healing can be long and difficult - sometimes the body needs a lot of help, but have faith that with that help, it will do as it needs to do, and in the end you will be you, and whole, and alive in a new way. We are all ever-changing! Here's hoping all the love and blessings you have given so many here come back to you tenfold!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SleepyInSeattle For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (05-01-2013)

Thanks

Thanks for the update Saysusie. Ya know, if you'd quit doing the gymnastics routine, especially that balance beam thang, you wouldn't keep tearing those stitches out... |;^)

Have they talked about possibly a skin graft to "patch" things up for you? My brother had to do that a few years ago, and still had issues with "soft" tissue tears, but he did eventuall heal.

Best of wishes, and praying daily for you.
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."

10. The Following User Says Thank You to jmail For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (05-01-2013)

Thanks

Thank you so much for this update, Saysusie.

I'm so sorry that the recon has been so difficult. I can understand why you've struggled with bouts of depression. But, the wonderful news of negative lymph node involvement and low risk of recurrence is certainly encouraging.

Warmest wishes to you. I am hopeful that the remainder of your recon is uneventful and you heal quickly-physically and emotionally.

Two of my nearest and dearest are battling Stage IV cancer right now and it's so good to read that, although your recovery has had its challenges, you are recovering.

Continued good health to you!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to BonusMom For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (05-01-2013)

Thanks

Glad to hear from you. It is awesome, that they have cleared you and that the cancer is gone. I am sorry that you have such a hard time with that wound and hope it will heal soon.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

14. The Following User Says Thank You to debbie-b For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (05-01-2013)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Am so glad to hear that they managed to completely remove the cancer and that you didn't need chemo but not so glad to hear about the nightmare you've been having with multiple surgeries and your wound refusing to close properly. Hopefully that last one will be just that, the last one until you get your reconstruction. Keep your chin up, keep smiling and know that we're all thinking of you and are all so happy to have you back around again! xxx ~hugs~
    Numpty:- (num-p-tee) dialect, chiefly Scot, ~n. 1. a bumbling fool: one who is intellectually challenged. 2. widely known in Scotland as an MSP (Member of Scottish Parliament).

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Numpty For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (05-01-2013)

Thanks

May God continue to heal and lift you. You are such a beam of light! ��

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Life Flower For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (05-01-2013)

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

thank you everyone. i know that i am blessed in so many ways! i am continuing to maintain my faith my hope and my commitment to complete recovery. it is so good to be home with all of you again ..warm hugs filled with love
    peace and blessings
    saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!