Thread: Update my life

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Cool Update my life

I'm now in sunny south Florida, my Dad is having health issues so here I am. My breathing issues have cleared up for the most part, my pain is at manageable levels and I'm working on my weight. I don't know if the move is permanent but I believe so. Need to find Drs. down here and learn to deal in the world of Medicare. I'm having prescription problem, not being near my pharmacy. They missed filling my anti seizure med and I've been without for a week now; I won't get it until Tuesday now.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

Nonna, you cant go without those. Call Medicare your Medicare RX company, they should be there 24/7 and tell them what happened. Find a Walmart (that has a pharmacy open on Sunday) or Walgreens or something and have the RX company call in enough for a few days. They will do that. You can do the same thing if you leave town and forget your meds. Don't let yourself get worse by missing days.

hopefully the move helps you and isn't too stressful. I am here if you need me
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

3. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (05-08-2013)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I'm in South Florida, but not sure if we are in the same city or what type of doctor you are looking for, so I could give you a referral. Hope the move wasn't to stressful for you and it turns out well. I have not been on here for while. Welcome to Florida
    Slim

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Slim, I'll be in Boca Raton for a while

Thanks

I'm glad your breathing issues have cleared up, Nonna. Hopefully, being in Florida will be less stressful for you and the weight will just melt off (well, you can't blame me for wishful thinking).

I hope your Dad's health issues resolve and you get your RX issues taken care of quickly.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Things are going smoothly for the moment, my Dad is doing better. The docs have nixed any and all surgical procedures due to his age - 96. So we're trying to proceed as normally as we can. My issues are cleared up, the meds are back in gear. Now if I only had a bed that didn't hurt my hip, life would be as good as it could.

Hugs and thanks to all

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Nonna For This Useful Post:

Saysusie (05-08-2013)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,645 Times in 1,130 Posts

thanks for the update. glad you have been able to sort out your meds.
    When you're stressed, You eat Ice cream, Cake, Chocolate & Sweets. Why? Because stressed spelled backwards is DESSERTS.