Thread: hello again

Thanks

Default hello again

So, I had another rheumy appointment today. Just the normal check up. The last month I have been starting to get random joint pain. Nothing too severe. Just like my thumb will swell and hurt or my knees. God I hate my knees. I think there is nothing worse than when your knees start to swell. It hurts and you don't want to do anything because it hurts to get up. Anyway, I was telling my rheumy about this and she started me on Meloxicam 7.5. I am to take it twice a day for two weeks and then take it is needed. She is worried that I may be trying to go into a flare. The meds are suppose to help it. I took my first pill today at dinner and well.... I feel kind of well.......... buzzed....... I guess this will help with the pain. I can't wait until I take this in the morning. Work is going to be awesome!

Thanks

So not feeling so great this morning. The way I compare myself is to is a puking zombie. I am soooo out of it. I am assuming this is a medication that my body just has to get use to. The rheumy should be calling me today to inform me of my updated blood work and see how I am feeling on the meds. I hope everything will get better from here.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Sorry the meds are making you feel so bad! It is good to see you again though. Please keep us updated on how things go
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

Koilover512 (04-12-2013)

Thanks

Sorry, the meds are making you feel worse.
    I know how you feel, my rheumy prescriped Hydocodone for me, I thought I would finally get some pain relief, NOT, I started itching, I felt weird, kind of out of it. I took two doses in two days and never touched it again.
    At the next rheumy visit, he gave me a prescription for Tramadol. I took one pill and felt nothing, no pain relief. The next day he told me to take two pills, well with two pills, I started itching again and felt whoozy, whoozy not in a good way. So I had to stop taking those too.
    The only thing, that ever helped me, is Prednisone or/ and MTX. The MTX I had to stop, because of my liver and the Pred., my rheumy will only give to me as a last resort and only for 2 weeks.
    I am only allowed to take a Mobic ( Anti inflammatory) and Flexeril ( mucle relaxer), only once in a while, to not further stress my liver.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

My rheumatoid has suggested puting me on prednisone just to help give me a boost. I refuse to take prednisone for my AI. I have already been down that road and gaining 30 pounds in six months from water weight usually isn't a good thing. Not including all the other issues from taking it. I think I will only take prednisone again if I have to. I actually know I will have to be forced to take it. I am starting to get use to the mobic though. I hope it does the trick and keeps me from going into a flare.

Thanks

sorry i mean rheumy my apple autocorrected it. lol