Thread: Strange irony

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Strange irony

The first quarter of 2013 has barely ended and much of it was spent dealing with various medical and dental issues. 2 off the issues being cancer scares. Thankfully, they were just scares and not the real deal. However in what I consider to be one of the strangest and twisted ironies of my life, on April 5 I discovered my best friend, my dog Kya at the tender age of 5, had incurable CANCER. It was a fast and very aggressive type. She was forming new tumors all over her body every day. She lost 2 pounds overnight. On Friday morning, before the cancer had a chance to cause her horrendous suffering, I took her to the vet for one last time. She is now at peace. I'm still in shock over her sudden passing and the irony that KYA had cancer while I dodged the bullet twice just makes it all the more difficult to comprehend.
    "I'm going to get healthy or die trying"

Thanks

I'm so sorry to hear about Kya-she was lucky to have you!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to n.mac For This Useful Post:

ruziska (04-08-2013)

Thanks

I am so sorry...I'm very much an "animal person" and know that the loss of a beloved pet can truly be devastating. They give us gifts nobody else can- it's impossible not to feel like she took a karmic bullet for you somehow....maybe not literally, but I guess it would feel that way.

I'm glad you had her to love you through things, and that she had you to give her what she needed right through a peaceful end.

(((((((((HUGS)))))))))))

5. The Following User Says Thank You to SleepyInSeattle For This Useful Post:

ruziska (04-08-2013)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Big Hugs from other animal person. I lost 2 of my babies to cancer - Pepsi and Princess. I'm sure you miss your KYA as much as I miss them.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Nonna For This Useful Post:

ruziska (04-08-2013)

Thanks

I am very sorry. It is so hard to lose a beloved pet. HUGS.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

9. The Following User Says Thank You to debbie-b For This Useful Post:

ruziska (04-10-2013)

Thanks

So sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved mate Kya. I am a lover of dogs and have 4 of my own. Along the way i have lost some too and i certainly understand your pain. Kya will always be watching out for you and your memories of her will always be dear to you.

Sam xx

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sammy For This Useful Post:

ruziska (04-11-2013)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Thank you all for your kind words. They mean a lot to me. I know that my dear Kya is in a better place and she is happy and healthy and I'll see her again someday. I'm still gobsmacked by the irony of me having 2 cancer scares this year and she's the one to get cancer.

On a happy note: Kya has brought us a new friend that needs our love. Her name is Quinn and she's a year old beagle that has reminded us that there is someone else out there that needs love too. I think Kya would approve. Nobody can take Kya's place but there's enough room in our hearts for another friend.
    Last edited by ruziska; 04-11-2013 at 07:34 AM.
    "I'm going to get healthy or die trying"

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ruziska For This Useful Post:

Sammy (04-11-2013), steve.b (04-12-2013)

Thanks

I think its wonderful you have a new friend. I know some people never get another dog as the pain of loosing them is too hard. My thoughts are that the love and friendship they give you far outway the pain a million times over. There is always a new face that needs your love and frienship, you have so much to offer so why not give to another. I know Quinn is one lucky puppy.

Bless

Samxx

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Sammy For This Useful Post:

ruziska (04-12-2013)

Thanks

The best animals leave a door open in your heart so a new companion can walk through.... <3