Thread: newbie here!

Thanks

Default newbie here!

Hi! I'm Tiffany And I Am A 25 Year Old Mother Of A Beautiful 2 1/2 Baby Girl And Wife Of The Most Amazing Man. I Was Recently Diagnosed With Lupus And It Scared Me To Death. I Have A Cousin That Is Only A Few Months Older Than Me That Lives Next Door So We've Grown Up Together Anywhos She Was Diagnosed With Lupus About 15 Years Ago She Is Now A 26 Year Old Mother Of A 4 Year Old Little Girl and Is In Renal Failure She Has Been On Dialysis For Almost 2 Years Now... Her Older Sister Is The Perfect Match For Her And Was Going To Give Her A Kidney Until The Doctors Found A Blood Clot In Her Heart. When The Doctor Diagnosed Me I Told Him I Was Diagnosed With RheumatoidAl Arthiritis When I Was 10 He Thinks I Was Misdiagnosed Because My Rheumatoid Factor Came .Back Normal. He Adlai Decided To Check My Heart And Found Out That I Have A Valve That Is Leaking. It Really Scares Me Especially Since I Have My Baby Girl... I Have To Get Her Tested Soon To See If She Also Has It. I Haven't Told Many People About My Diagnosis Because I Don't Want Them To Treat Me Any Different. I Work Full Time As A Pharmacy Tech And On On My Feet 8 Plus Hours A Day. My Friends Think On Lazy Becaus On Always Hurting And On Always Tired... I Just Wish They Could Understand.Im Hoping I Could Meet A Friend On Here That Feels The Same Way.

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,118 Posts

hi tiffany, many people are able to readjust, with medication. this means that many people are not in the position that your is in. unfortunately some of us do have severe problems.... lupus is so unpredictable. the sooner that medication begins..... the less change that lupus can damage organs. I have added a couple of threads that may help your friends understand some of your issues. http://forum.wehavelupus.com/showthr...e-spoon-theory . . http://forum.wehavelupus.com/showthr...hout-CFS-Fibro-… hopefully with a correct balance of medications you will still lead a fairly normal life, (it will be different to what it used to be... but hopefully still normal).
    When you're stressed, You eat Ice cream, Cake, Chocolate & Sweets. Why? Because stressed spelled backwards is DESSERTS.