Thread: Cymbalta, plaquenil, xanax, and tramadol

Thanks

Default Cymbalta, plaquenil, xanax, and tramadol

I'm Having Horrible Issues Concentrating And Remembering... I Have Been Driving A 5 Speed For Over 8 Years Now And It's Like I Forgot How To Drive One... I Killed My Car 5 Times Just Today! I Take Cymbalta In The Morning And Plaquenil And Xanax At Bedtime And The Tramadol As Needed Which I Try Not To Take But Once Or Twice A Day... Do You Think It Could Be The Medications? Stress? Or Maybe The Lupus Causing My Concentrating/Memory Problems?

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,107 Posts

the following thread may help you realise that we all suffer from "brain fog". . http://forum.wehavelupus.com/showthr...Brain-Fog-When.
    When you're stressed, You eat Ice cream, Cake, Chocolate & Sweets. Why? Because stressed spelled backwards is DESSERTS.

Thanks

Ive had experience with all those medss, besides tramadol. I was put on cymbalta for anxiety. I had a real problem with memory on it. I suffer from lupus brain fog, so I know that can be an issue as well but this was different. One example was while taking cymbalta I could not recall my cousins name. I grew up with her. Now of course I knew her and had the name on the tip of my tongue but it was enough to make me stop that med. iIt kinda freaked me out. I was also taking Addreal for ADD. Which should have offset the problem but did not. Just my experience.. Good luck
    People Inspire you or drain you, pick them wisely

lupus: plaquinil, Imuran, prednisone, vitamin D

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I have never taken Cymbalta either but have seen the experiences a close FM(lives with me and I see daily)had. It was not a good experience. I know all react differently to meds so I can only report what I saw. He had severe memory and concentration issue and that was while still titrating up to the full dose strength. He was pulled from the med by the doc with no taper and had a really hard time with leg pains and spasms. I recommend no stopping of medications abruptly esp those that say taper but this was dr ordered. He said he would never ever take the med again.

You might look at which combo you have been on and had no issue and if an addition of a new one has potentially caused you some trouble. If you took say the tram,xanax and plaq with no issue but then added the cymbalta then I would call my dr.

I personally would call my pharmacist or dr anyway as if I were having that type of issue it would trouble me. I know brain fog also-but forgetting how to drive a vehicle that you have had yrs of experience with is not IMHO a normal reaction. I would talk to the prescribing dr honestly and let them know what issues you are having as you could potentially cause a car accident at the very worst if you forget how to maneuver the vehicles gear changing while in high volume traffic or a situation where you stall the vehicle and someone behind isn't paying attention.

Be well
    SLE w/Sjogrens Overlap and Raynaud's diagnosed in 2007.Fibro in 2009.

The Early Bird May Get The Worm But the Second Mouse Gets The Cheese.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I understand your frustration, I am lucky I remember to put on pants before I leave the house. I have almost done it but luckily I caught myself.

Thanks

Thanks For The Input!