Thread: newbie

Thanks

Default newbie

Hi, so I am brand new to this site, I stumbled onto here because I was googling to see if there are and lupus awareness groups on any campus' I am a sophomore in college and I got diagnosed with lupus last January 2012 when my knew was literally the size of a cantaloupe. I know there are cac groups "colleges against cancer" but I really want to start/be apart of a lupus group on my.campus. Do any of you know how I would go about doing that?

Thanks! XoxoAlI

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,616 Times in 1,106 Posts

hi ali, I am from Australia, so I am not sure what help is available for you. you may want to talk to ritzbit2. she has started a facebook support group, and goes to college also
    Last edited by steve.b; 03-27-2013 at 02:06 AM.
    When you're stressed, You eat Ice cream, Cake, Chocolate & Sweets. Why? Because stressed spelled backwards is DESSERTS.

Thanks

OMG if you really want to send me a message. I've been wanting to start something like this too (something for autoimmune diseases in general) because of all the relay for life stuff. I already asked the AARDA if they would jump on board, and they said they would if I could come up with an idea. So if you have thoughts I'd love to team up and make it happen!
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, Interstitial Lung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Fibromyalgia, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 60mg Nifedipine, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, Trazadone, 8mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

My old profile on here http://forum.wehavelupus.com/member.php?22042-ritzbit