Thread: Cellcept ease joint pain?

Thanks

Default Cellcept ease joint pain?

~Hi~ Curious if those of you taking or who have taken cellcept did it will it ease joint pain? My hands/hip are the worst. I'm just now at the 2000mg dose for almost 2 weeks now. I think its been about 2 months since I started taking it. I really have yet to feel improvement with my joints. Im sure its helping something that I can't see nor feel but it doesn't seem to be helping what I can feel as of yet. I'm also having a bit of a time keeping it down. While it doesn't come back up all the time I have been sick to my stomache a lot. it comes in waves several time a day. Was having some issues with mouth sore but they have gotten better as I have been rinsing my mouth. I know everyone is different and it takes time to work but its been in my systom some. Am I being to impatient? I have an appt tommorow morning and will discuss these concrens with my Dr but I am curious if you think I am being to judgmental of this medication. Other meds sound worse so do I just suck it up? The whole point is to feel better I don't want to suck it up lol.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

My rheumy wanted to put me on it but the pills were to big. She thought it would help.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Nonna For This Useful Post:

tomcatsgirl (04-01-2013)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

CellCept is a serious drug, i'm on it and it's hard. I got used the the stomach issues after a couple of years but I sometimes have problems too. Don't take the cellcept with any food at all and also I have learned popcicles help soothe my stomach. I personally don't know it cellcept helps with my pain because it's hard to tell if it's my other drugs. Oh and I know is weird but I swear it works, for sores I use benzodent it's for dentures and stuff but it works great.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mica For This Useful Post:

tomcatsgirl (04-01-2013)

Thanks

I went in this morning my appt. last week was cancelled dr was sick. I'm down 7 lbs. she gave me zofron . We discussed the side effects and although weight loss is good I'm 5'4 @ 158 the way it's been coming off is not. We decided to try something else myfortic? We discussed other meds possibly imuran. She is going to talk with my kidney dr they work closely together not just with me but all her patients with kidney involvement. So as of now no more cellcept. I have seen slight improvement with fatigue and although I'm still breaking out with petechia it's not as frequent. Still have swollen joints in my hands and wrist. She said yes we need to get disease activity under control but quality of life is part of it. This morning I took two sips of coffee and out it came and then some. No meds no food feels like morning sickness. Although I don't vomit everyday I'm am sick to my stomach all the time along with to many trips to the toilet. Everything runs right through me. She said most of the meds have basically the same side effects but maybe one will be tolerated over the other. We shall see. Anyone take myfortic I haven't heard of this yet imuran yes but not the other.

Thanks

Looks as if cellcept and myfortic are essentially the same thing just digested differently. Didn't even google found it on this site. Love it!