Thread: assembley ideas. :)

Thanks

Default assembley ideas. :)

heya evryone
    im new on this site, i was diagnoised with lupus 2 years ago. i have just left school, and hav been invited back to do an assembley infront of the school , telling them all about lupus, they are having a non uniform day to raise money for lupus. i was wondering if you had any ideas? i was thinking about some lupus games or something fun, because they wil get bored easily,
    Thanks for your help.
    lexi
    xx

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Lexi;
    What grades will you be adressing in your assembly? Elementary school, Middle School, High School or College?
    That will help a lot in trying to give you suggestions. What might work for Elementary students might get you booed off of the stage in High School :lol:

Saysusie

Thanks

Good luck with your presentation. I think it's really hard to find a balance that explains the seriousnous of the disease but also tells people we love our lives and are not down and depressed all the time. Good luck and I'm sure you'll do fine.....what are the ages of your audience? debann

Thanks

heya, thanks for your replies!
    ill be doing one assembley infront of 11/12 year olds and one for 13-15 year olds, so would proberly have to do something different in each one. one idea i thought was bring some one up to the front, and do the spoon theory on them, http://www.butyoudontlooksick.com/20...oon_theory.php

and give them say 15 spoons, and make them go through their daily routine.
    but i thought id want something else aswell to do.

thanks for your ideas.

Lexi xxx

Thanks

Or get a bunch of plastic spoons and let them all do it!
    "All sounds are potentially dangerous.
    All sounds are potentially medicinal.
    All sounds are beautiful." ~Yoko Ono

Thanks

Hi Lexi, Sounds interesting and challenging at the same time! In this day and age, 'visual aids'. Maybe a 'lupus video game' (Just kidding of course.) Maybe a small video would be cool. They pretty much pay attention to anything on a screen. Maybe a 'role play' skit (where they are made to feel the effects of being 'left out' of regular kids activities due to fatigue or pain.) Anything that will force them to recognize what they take for granted each and every day and make them more compassionate to people who find just getting throught the day a huge challenge. I wish you the best of luck - sounds like a great opportunity.

Mitch