Thread: New member - would love to discuss lupus - in particular inflammation remedies!

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default New member - would love to discuss lupus - in particular inflammation remedies!

Hi all,

I just joined and would like to make new friends on this site..My name is Renee and i am 24 yrs old. Was diagnosed with SLE about 3 yrs ago. In that time i have had joint pain,numb feeling in fingers when its cold weather, shortness of breath and most embarrassing butterfly rash on face and redness on chest, hands and arms!

I would love to hear from others if they have experienced this and if they found anything really useful whether it be natural products, prescription drugs or particular foods/drinks.

Look forward to learning from other people's experience, & hope I can help others also x

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Renee,

Welcome to we have lupus. We are here to discuss and help each other with our Lupus journey however please read the following as it pertains to our stance on Natural cures/remedies. I would also suggest you read the other stickies to familiarize yourself with our policies

http://forum.wehavelupus.com/showthr...-natural-cures
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Ok thanks

Thanks

hey renee!! im cecee and im 21... its very nice to meetyou itoo have suffered from that awful butterfly rash!!! people would just gawk at me as if i cant see them looking!!! hope we talk soon

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi! I have a bad butterfly rash that likes to go into my ears and infect them. Kids in my high school always mentioned the rash but I got used to it. I'm 21 and have learned a few tips and tricks when dealing with lupus. Like when you used foundation make-up use a green stick(its like a cream it's super cheap at any drug store in the make-up isle) before applying your foundation it helps cut back on the redness of the rash. Also at night I use a heating pad or an electric blanket for my feet to warm them up. Feel free to message me if you want to talk, cecee and I have become texting buddies now because of this site. Best of luck with your lupus.

Thanks

ahhh yes we have mica!!!!