hi all, I haven't been here for a while I've been feeling really miserable lately all I want to do is sleep! I continued with the chest pains and have a small pericardial effusion. The Dr.s don't think that's whats causing my chest pain, but I do as it wasn't hurting before and I think any amount of fluid can cause pain as it shouldn't be there. Ive been home for five weeks now. I have anemia now so I'm attributing my lack of energy to that, any ideas?
I also came up with arthritis, pinched nerves and degenerated discs all on my neck. I'm in constant pain. My rheumy prescribed prednisone but I decided against taking it as I'm scared it will make my avascular necrosis on the knees worse. Or worse yet give it to me somewhere else. I haven't told her I'm not taking it. She up'd my imuran to 4 times a day as opposed to twice as I was taking it before.
The longer I sit or lay in my case in bed, the more I'm thinking if I want to go on disability.
I know this question comes up a lot, and I've discussed here before. It's an extremely difficult decision for me as I'm the primary supporter of the family and I'm not sure we can make it without my income. I asked my job about going in part time until I feel better and although it's available to me, its not something I can afford. Not only do I take a 40% pay cut, I also have to pay $700 a month towards my health insurance, as I stand now I don't pay anything towards health insurance. This doesn't make any sense to me!
I know it can take up to two years to get approved for disability, Im so frustrated with all this. Im depressed and can't sleep!
Deep down I don't want to go back to work. My brain is fried and I can't remember half of the things I have to do while at work. I live off stickies and alarms as reminders. I have NO energy whatsoever and all I want to do is sleep all the time.
Has anyone heard about the new law that President Obama wants to pass regarding getting approved for insurance if you have a pre-existing condition? When I refinanced my mortgage I was denied insurance because I have Lupus, If I didn't have to pay a mortgage I would be ok.
Hopefully this post makes sense, everything's a blur at the moment.