Thread: Out on disability again!

Thanks

Default Out on disability again!

hi all, I haven't been here for a while I've been feeling really miserable lately all I want to do is sleep! I continued with the chest pains and have a small pericardial effusion. The Dr.s don't think that's whats causing my chest pain, but I do as it wasn't hurting before and I think any amount of fluid can cause pain as it shouldn't be there. Ive been home for five weeks now. I have anemia now so I'm attributing my lack of energy to that, any ideas?
    I also came up with arthritis, pinched nerves and degenerated discs all on my neck. I'm in constant pain. My rheumy prescribed prednisone but I decided against taking it as I'm scared it will make my avascular necrosis on the knees worse. Or worse yet give it to me somewhere else. I haven't told her I'm not taking it. She up'd my imuran to 4 times a day as opposed to twice as I was taking it before.
    The longer I sit or lay in my case in bed, the more I'm thinking if I want to go on disability.
    I know this question comes up a lot, and I've discussed here before. It's an extremely difficult decision for me as I'm the primary supporter of the family and I'm not sure we can make it without my income. I asked my job about going in part time until I feel better and although it's available to me, its not something I can afford. Not only do I take a 40% pay cut, I also have to pay $700 a month towards my health insurance, as I stand now I don't pay anything towards health insurance. This doesn't make any sense to me!
    I know it can take up to two years to get approved for disability, Im so frustrated with all this. Im depressed and can't sleep!
    Deep down I don't want to go back to work. My brain is fried and I can't remember half of the things I have to do while at work. I live off stickies and alarms as reminders. I have NO energy whatsoever and all I want to do is sleep all the time.
    Has anyone heard about the new law that President Obama wants to pass regarding getting approved for insurance if you have a pre-existing condition? When I refinanced my mortgage I was denied insurance because I have Lupus, If I didn't have to pay a mortgage I would be ok.
    Hopefully this post makes sense, everything's a blur at the moment.
    Diagnosed in 2010 with SLE, recurring pericarditis, pericardial and pleural effusions. Fibromyalgia, Avascular Necrosis on both knees, IBS, Gastroparesis, migraines, DVT's, Pulmoray Emboli. Arthritis, pinched nerves and bulging disk all on the neck. Hyperthyroid issues. Neuropthy, anemia and insomnia "taking it one day at a time, what more can I do"

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,107 Posts

I am lucky with the medical issue. the australian government has a decent welfare system. there is just very little money when on it. but it does make the decision easier. I suggest you go onto disability, before you are forced onto it..... by then it is too late. but only you can tell when that time is. I wish peace in your decision, either way.
    When you're stressed, You eat Ice cream, Cake, Chocolate & Sweets. Why? Because stressed spelled backwards is DESSERTS.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

chikititalinda (03-15-2013)

Thanks

Thanks Steve, I'm researching it now.
    Diagnosed in 2010 with SLE, recurring pericarditis, pericardial and pleural effusions. Fibromyalgia, Avascular Necrosis on both knees, IBS, Gastroparesis, migraines, DVT's, Pulmoray Emboli. Arthritis, pinched nerves and bulging disk all on the neck. Hyperthyroid issues. Neuropthy, anemia and insomnia "taking it one day at a time, what more can I do"

Thanks

The new laws concerning insurance has to do with health care. You can no longer be denied because of a pre-exsisting condition- although that doesn't mean much if you can't afford the premiums.
    And it does not help with life insurance-I looked long and hard to find 1 company that will give me minimal coverage at a hefty price! Most basically told me I was uninsurable.
    Good Luck! Niall

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Each state now has a pool for people with pre existing conditions. It is an attempt to keep the cost lower but it is still high. Honestly the plan that the parties could agree upon, although helpful to us, still didn't do a whole lot when it comes to being able to afford it but it is more than there was. Some states have better options then others

ignore some of what I said above. PA, unlike Texas, will be a part of the Affordable Care Act so the state insurance plans have stopped ( Texas opted out) the info for that is below

http://www.healthcare.gov/marketplace/index.html

Old stste info no longer in use
    m
    here is the plan for PA.

http://www.healthcare.gov/law/featur...e-plan/pa.html
    Last edited by tgal; 03-16-2013 at 12:07 PM.
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

7. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

chikititalinda (03-16-2013)