Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feeling sorry for myself anyone want to join my pity party?

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,743 Times in 1,212 Posts

I just want you to know that you are not alone at the "pill anger". I have been there myself sever times. Many of us have. We know we need them and we know it is kind of silly but dang it they are a reminder every time you have to get them out. It's another one of those things healthy people can't understand but it made perfect sense to me.

you are completely normal if that makes you feel any better
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

tomcatsgirl (03-17-2013)

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tgal View Post
    I just want you to know that you are not alone at the "pill anger". I have been there myself several times.
    I think for many people the "pill anger" comes from the fact that Lupus is an elusive enemy with no physical or tangible form. Fighting with Lupus is like boxing with your own shadow. No matter how fast you throw a punch, your blows never connect.

On the other hand, the meds we take are a constant physical and tangible thing we can look at and hold in our hand. I'm generally one of the first people to tell others that you need to take your meds consistently, and as directed.

However, I'd be a liar if I said I never took out my anger and frustration on one of the only aspects of Lupus that I can actually see and hold in my hand. I've thrown Prednisone out of the window on the way home from the pharmacy, and I've flushed more than one bottle of Plaquenil down the toilet at 2am on yet another sleepless night out of sheer frustration and anger.

Needless to say, it's certainly not something you want to make a habit of doing, but if "Mr. Take Your Meds" can end up being pissed-off enough to do this, anyone can.

It's nothing to be ashamed of.

Rob
    Last edited by rob; 03-17-2013 at 02:52 PM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rob For This Useful Post:

tomcatsgirl (03-18-2013)

Thanks

Ya know, its been proven that holding ANY emotion in is BAD for our health. Talking about it and/or writing about it is so IMPORTANT no matter WHAT. NO THING in our lives is trivial if its making us feel OOKY in any way. LET IT OUT and FEEL BETTER after! Thats what friends are for! Just like the song by Dione Warrick (gosh, i probably spelled that wrong, SORRY if i did Dione! LOL) WOO HOO to VENTING!!!!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

6. The Following User Says Thank You to lucky7 For This Useful Post:

tomcatsgirl (03-18-2013)

Thanks

Love this site! I hope to contribute as you all have for me. Today is a good day.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tomcatsgirl View Post
    Love this site! I hope to contribute as you all have for me. Today is a good day.
    Glad you are having a better day!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rob For This Useful Post:

tomcatsgirl (03-19-2013)

Thanks

Here's to GOOD DAYS! WOO HOO for THAT!!!! This site LOVES YOU too!!!!!
    We Live in a MORTAL, FRAIL, IMPERFECT world in which the word "FAIR" doesn't always apply.Make EVERY MOMENT COUNT with the ones you LOVE because it can end in the blink of an eye. Love, Jeannette

11. The Following User Says Thank You to lucky7 For This Useful Post:

tomcatsgirl (03-19-2013)