Thread: Menstruation Cycle symptoms

Thanks

Default Menstruation Cycle symptoms

I'm irregular when I'm on my period, but i recently got diagnosed and I haven't gotten it yet in the normal time i usually do in the month. I'm scared because I don't think it's healthy to not get your period every month so I was just wondering if the Lupus is distorting the time I get my period, and if so how long does this last? Or maybe it's the medication i'm taking for the lupus that's affecting my period?

Thanks

Both illness and medication can knock your menstrual cycle out of whack. Before I got ill, my cycle was basically a clockwork 28 days. Now I can go anywhere from 25 to 39 days between cycles. My gynecologist said this minor irregularity is to be expected with stress and chronic illness. However, she said it I'm going 40 or more days between periods consistently, to call her.

If I were you, I would start keeping track of my cycles for a few months, just to see if you're really off-cycle. If you start consistently having 40+ days between periods or other irregularities that concern you, definitely make an appointment with your gynecologist to check and see if anything else is going on.

Thanks

ok that sounds smart, thank you for your advice!

Thanks

Mine were defiantly messed up. Very irregular anywhere from 28-50 days. Very heavy and painful. Turns out I have APS which is common I believe in lupus paitents. I had a hysterectomy almost 2 years ago for all that mess. Didn't find out about the lupus until Nov so I'm sure my lupus and APS played a roll in it. The APS was also discovered after the hysterectomy. I do think the meds and the lupus along with the stress that comes with it all can cause some issues as well. I agree you should keep track and let your Dr know about it. Good luck to you it always a pain when it doesn't show up when expected and then show when it's not expected. I sure don't miss it. Good luck.