Thread: So we finally broke up...

Threaded View

Thanks

Thank you everyone.

I'm having waves of emptiness and loneliness, followed by anger, followed by positive feelings because I have planned to return to the UK and be with my family - I get to meet my 1 year old nephew for the first time.

My partner and I are still very much good friends - we were for 13 years before we got together so it would be a shame to throw that away. There will likely be difficulties down the line as either of us move on etc, but I hope we've got the strength to deal with it. We're actually planning a trip away together over Easter! It's silly but our relationship has seemed more like a friendship for a long time now, so it's not that much of an awkward transition, even though I love her very very much and am experiencing an awful lot of heartache.

I'm not coping very well at work, plus I'm having some bad side effects from a new med so waiting to change that - everythings a bit up in the air. Just waiting for the dust to settle.
    Thank you everyone for your kind words xxx
    I spent 2 years travelling Australia. Check out my travel blog at http://travelpod.com/members/helenlear

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Shine For This Useful Post:

steve.b (03-18-2013)