Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plaquenil Eye Exams

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I was pulled from Plaq about 2 yrs ago due to unresponsiveness and switched to Aralen.

I am 5'10 and currently weigh around 180 which is about 15pds higher than normal so I am in the safe range regardless of height/weight base but thank you for putting the link if I needed it to present to my Rheumy. I appreciate it. I don't think fun & math should be in the same sentence . I have always been mathematically challenged! LOL!
    Last edited by ItsLupus2007; 03-15-2013 at 11:08 AM.
    SLE w/Sjogrens Overlap and Raynaud's diagnosed in 2007.Fibro in 2009.

The Early Bird May Get The Worm But the Second Mouse Gets The Cheese.

Thanks

The thing about numbers and math, ItsLupus2007, is that math and numbers make sense. Lupus does not... lol - my wife claims to be mathematically challenged, and yet she'll reel-off all this stuff when I'm trying to help the 10 year old "no no no. don't listen to him Nicolas, your dad will mess you *all* up!"... lol
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jmail For This Useful Post:

ItsLupus2007 (03-18-2013)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ItsLupus2007 View Post
    I don't think fun & math should be in the same sentence .
    C'mon I can't be the only one who has fun with math...

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Derrie View Post
    C'mon I can't be the only one who has fun with math...
    LOL! My DD is doing math work in middle school that I *swear* I don't remember even hitting until high school. I dread the next few yrs if this continues- I just look at it and can hear my brain go *zzzzaaaappp* and smell something like it is either my brain on fire or possibly the smell of fear in the air radiating from me.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jmail View Post
    The thing about numbers and math, ItsLupus2007, is that math and numbers make sense. Lupus does not... lol - my wife claims to be mathematically challenged, and yet she'll reel-off all this stuff when I'm trying to help the 10 year old "no no no. don't listen to him Nicolas, your dad will mess you *all* up!"... lol

See I read the problems/equations whatever and it is like I have a mental mind shield that allows no further entrance other than the eye socket. It never enters the brain *I don't think* if it does it runs away quickly. Sometimes I have to use the cheat answers in the back of the book to try and figure out how the formulation is supposed to go as the book DD is working out of has few/no examples and is very hard to work with. It makes me itchy.

Thanks

My rheumy required the baseline eye exam before I started the plaquenil, and the ophthalmologist scheduled a 6 month follow-up, which I had 2 weeks ago. (Same exam my husband has for his borderline glaucoma and family history of macular degeneration, except inclusion of a color blindness test.) My next exam is in a year. She explained that the issue is deposits of whatever in the macula as time goes on. My rheumy plans on my being on plaquenil for 2 years- I'm taking 400 mg a day (I'm 6'0"). It's made a significant improvement in my hands, but the swelling isn't totally gone- what is there seems to fluctuate a bit.