Thread: Ganglion Cyst

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Ganglion Cyst

Anyone have ganglion cysts? And are they related or symptoms of lupus? I have one on the top of each of my hands and will be going to the Dr. tomorrow. Just wondering if this would be related or not? Always something new!

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." -Maya Angelou

Thanks

Interesting thought.

I had a ganglion cyst on my wrist for a few years (est 8-9) prior to my SLE diagnosis. I was told by my PCP that they frequently just disappear.

Well, I pressed hard on that lump every day, hoping the cyst would break down and dissolve and it finally did! I've not had any ganglion cysts since.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

They are very common and not a symptom of SLE that I have heard.

At least the method of treatment has improved. They used to take a bible or another heavy,hard book and whack them really hard to break down the tissue.Wouldn't that be something to look forward to?I would hope a few "medicinal" shots of alcohol would also be provided with payment.Maybe more than a few.

http://www.integrative-healthcare.or...assage_th.html

This article is from a massage therapy publication and also includes(in different articles)why immune suppressed patients should not be given a "regular" massage.If any have regular massages you might want to discuss with your MT.
    SLE w/Sjogrens Overlap and Raynaud's diagnosed in 2007.Fibro in 2009.

The Early Bird May Get The Worm But the Second Mouse Gets The Cheese.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ItsLupus2007 For This Useful Post:

steve.b (03-15-2013), tupelohoney (03-14-2013)

Thanks

I will have to read that. I do have massages on occasion. I had no idea. Thank you for the information!

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." -Maya Angelou