Thread: a better quality of lousy

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default a better quality of lousy

I'm currently battling pneumonia and next week I'm having a biopsy on a nodule on my thyroid. To be honest with ya, the pneumonia is kicking my behind! I get winded from washing dishes.

Anyhow, ironically, I've started the new year on a health kick. I'm big into juicing, have eliminated a lot of the processed foods and sugar (alot, not all as doughnuts are such sirens...). Organic as much as possible and grass fed beef and totally organic or forget it chicken and eggs. Well even though I seem to be falling apart ( Patsy Cline's "I Fall to Pieces" should be my current theme song), I've noticed something. Enter the elephant in the living room:

Even though I'm getting pummeled by the pneumonia and I have problems because of the nodule (swallowing, gravely voice), I am not mired down by feeling lousy from being unhealthy. Does that make sense?

Yarn analogy: I couldn't really notice the yarn tangles of the pneumonia and thyroid issues very well because they were entangled in the yarn messes of general poor health. But now that I am eating and drinking so much better quality food, the general malaise of poor health is gone and I can see the tangles of the pneumonia and thyroid.

I still feel lousy, but it is a better quality of lousy if that makes any sense.
    "I'm going to get healthy or die trying"

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,118 Posts

yes it does make sense!!!!!

but where do you get your organic donuts..... lol
    When you're stressed, You eat Ice cream, Cake, Chocolate & Sweets. Why? Because stressed spelled backwards is DESSERTS.

Thanks

Makes sense to me too... and I'm not worried about the thought process for that conclusion either.

btw stevbe, my m-i-l makes organic doughnuts... ahem... sounds good, anyway, eh?... lol
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jmail For This Useful Post:

steve.b (03-14-2013)

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I just sympathize and hope it gets better. I can understand getting winded just doing dishes. I'm there with you. Especially bending over to load the dish washer

Hugs

Thanks

A friend of mine used to say "is it more better or less worse"

By the way mmmmm..... doughnuts!