I had been having stomach pain for about a year before having a CT scan and blood testing. The CT scan showed a small hiatal hernia and an umbilical hernia. There is a lot of autoimmunity in my past medical history and family history so a bunch of blood tests were also run. The tests that were above normal were the Anti dsDNA abs at 38.7, ANA at 1.4, phospholipid Ab IgM at 21.6, and A2 globin at 1.2. I should also mention that I have some joint pain and had a neurological symptom recently. I have not talked with the GI doctor about these blood results because they came out a week after my follow up ended. The doctor attributed my pain mainly to the hiatal hernia and closed the case before seeing the results.

My son, a 2nd year medical student, is emphatic that I need to see a rheumatologist immediately because I fulfill a lot of the criteria for SLE.

My question is, can SLE cause an umbilical hernia, hiatal hernia, and abdominal pain? Also, how high is 38.7 on the anti dsDNA ab test. The only thing I have been able to find online is that the reference range is below 30.

Thanks,
My6Cats