Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update From Saysusie

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Update From Saysusie

Hello Family; I just wanted to give you all an update on my situation:
    I had the bi-lateral surgery on March 1, 2013. The surgery went well and all of the cancer was removed. A few lymph nodes were removed and sent to pathology. However, the surgeons felt that the chances were very good that they would be cancer-free.
    The "spacers" for the reconstruction were inserted. I will go once per week to have these temporaries inflated until I get back to my regular size. At that time, the permanents will be inserted, then it will be a matter of care and tweeking until everything is perfect.
    I had an issue with the wraps immediately following surgery. They were so tight that I could not breathe. That meant a trip to the emergency room to have them loosened. However, this caused a large bruise which now has to heal before the tubes can be removed and/or reconstruction can begin.
    I also developed an allergic reaction to the wraps and am dealing with a horrible rash and excruciating itching (uggh).
    The best news..we got the pathology report back yesterday and it was NEGATIVE also there was NO CANCER in the lymph nodes!! So, in spite of the small problems..the biggest and most important news was great!!
    I can have limited time on the computer, so I am told that I should be back by May at the latest. I miss you all terribly and cannot wait to come back home to WHL on a full time basis.
    I hope and pray that all of you are finding days without pain, stress, or suffering.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Saysusie For This Useful Post:

BonusMom (03-09-2013), ItsLupus2007 (03-10-2013), jmail (03-10-2013), kim,l (03-10-2013), Nonna (03-09-2013), rob (03-10-2013), Shine (03-10-2013), SleepyInSeattle (03-10-2013), steve.b (03-09-2013), tgal (03-09-2013)

Thanks

First of all, Thank God for the good news. I am so glad that there was no cancer in the lymph nodes.
    Sorry you have to go through all this. Hope you can get all this behind you asap.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Oh Susie what fantastic news on the lymph nodes!!!! I am terribly sorry this has been so roughy with the breathing issues, rashes and such but the fact that the nodes are OK makes me want to leap with joy! I love and miss you my sweet friend. You are thought about daily. While we are making sure that WHL is taken care of in your absence it is always more joyful when you are home.

take care of yourself and we will be looking forward to having you join us again soon!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

I'm so relieved to read your post and to hear that the lymph nodes were negative! Indeed, this is great news with everything else that you are enduring.

Know that you are not far from my thoughts. Continued best wishes for a speedy and uneventful recovery are being sent from NorCal.

Thanks

Scratch, scratch...did I get the right spot?...awwww. I am elated there was sweet with the bitter, something to celebrate. Yes! All will be well soon, Saysusie...all will be well. Head hugs with love.

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

That loud whooshing sound, is all of us exhaling a huge sigh of relief after holding our collective breath!

You've just said the two most beautiful words in the world-

Cancer free!

I am beyond happy Carlotta!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I am so glad to hear that all has come back well and sorry you found out the hard way that the wrap and you were not meant to be friends.

Be well and I hope you are resting well and are up and back at all you want to do in very little time.

Best wishes to you and yours.
    SLE w/Sjogrens Overlap and Raynaud's diagnosed in 2007.Fibro in 2009.

The Early Bird May Get The Worm But the Second Mouse Gets The Cheese.

Thanks

What a relief to get that good news on the lymph nodes....now hopefully you can transform that "worrying energy" into "healing and recovery" energy!

Sending all my best to you....

Thanks

So glad to hear your lymph nodes were clear, and wishing you a speedy recovery. Be well!

Blog Entries
    Thanks

That is fantastic news although am sorry you're suffering with allergic reactions etc and hope that all clears up for you soon. Sending you healing hugs for a speedy recovery!
    Claire
    xx
    Numpty:- (num-p-tee) dialect, chiefly Scot, ~n. 1. a bumbling fool: one who is intellectually challenged. 2. widely known in Scotland as an MSP (Member of Scottish Parliament).