Thread: Crohns?

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Crohns?

I need help.
    I am starting to wonder if i may have developed Crohns disease? I know that it is linked alot of times with Lupus and I just haven't been feeling myself. Of course, i instantly decided to google and web md, and it brought me to that!
    Does anyone here have crohns? If so, what are some of the things you've had to deal with, side effects or symptom wise?

thank you so much.

Ashley
    I'm Not Crazy, I'm Just A Little Lupie!

Thanks

A fellow I work with has Crohn's. Like any other ai disease, he has good days, and bad days. He uses Humira as his main med. He's at the doc once a month for follow-up. He'll be fine for weeks, then have nothing but issues for a time. With Crohn's, you can end up with a hole in your intestines, which has happened to this fellow, and is how they found he had the disease (he was ignoring symptoms). The symptoms are not unlike IBS or IBD, other than the "flares" are from your body trying to eat a hole in your bowel. Blood work and colonoscopy are the usual "tools" used to diagnose, but they might use pictures also. There are several versions of colitis that "mimic" Crohn's, with similar symptoms. One little thing about it, use google and the like with caution. Lupus causes me no end of grief with IBS, which is to say, be sure and mention it to your doctor, and fully describe your symptoms. In other words, don't be adding more to your self than you have, or scare yourself needlessly. Get a professional opinion.
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I have my usual doctors appointment next week so i'm definitely going to ask about it!
    I'm Not Crazy, I'm Just A Little Lupie!

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

Try not to stress. There are so many GI problems, besides Chrone's that can go with Lupus.IBD and IBS are very common and very uncomfortable. I actually suffered for 9 1/2 years and they though I had AI COLITIS or Chrones but it turned out to be something very simple that a pill fixed. I suggest going to a GI doc. I didn't and suffered needlessly for way too long
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

ashleybaby715 (03-10-2013), steve.b (03-07-2013)

Thanks

Have you done the not-so-fun stool test? They tested me for IBD to check for inflammation in my stool....not fun. My friend has Crohns, and he can apparently not eat chocolate. I can't imagine a world with no chocolate lol I hope you have found some anwsers!
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, Interstitial Lung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Fibromyalgia, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 60mg Nifedipine, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, Trazadone, 8mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

My old profile on here http://forum.wehavelupus.com/member.php?22042-ritzbit