Thread: Plaquinel and pregnancy

Thanks

Red face Plaquinel and pregnancy

Hi,

So I was just diagnosed with Sjogrens and Lupus and just began taking plaquinel which my rheumy assured would be the cure to all my whoas :) (he's a real optimist) :) My original plan prior to receiving these diagnosis two weeks ago was to try to get pregnant towards the end of the year. At this time i'm fairly healthy (organs are all fine),as most of my symptoms were neurological in addition to fatigue and the sporadic hairloss (but ive grown to love short hair cuts). I would hate for my condition to completely alter my life plans which also include getting married and relocating.

Would love advice, and information regarding being pregnant with these conditions. I try
    really hard to stay positive and try to focus on whats going right in my life as opposed to whats wrong with it.

Thanks

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,618 Times in 1,108 Posts

hi tammy,
    i do know of a few ladies here that have had successful pregnancies.
    being a male...... it is not on my priorities. but.......
    i have read with interest and enjoyment stories of some of our members who have had very happy children.
    i have also unfortunatelly read some unhappy cases also.

the risk is increased, but not impossible, (not by a long shot).

please read a few of the older posts about pregnantcies .
    use the search feature to help you.

hopefully a few others will be along to add there experiences.
    When you're stressed, You eat Ice cream, Cake, Chocolate & Sweets. Why? Because stressed spelled backwards is DESSERTS.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

Tammy32 (03-05-2013)

Thanks

Like Steve mentions, the "search" does good here. In the upper right-hand corner, click on the "Advanced Search" link, which is just below the top border where the "Log-out" link is. For "Search terms", you can use either something like "+plaquenil +pregnancy" (note the use of the "plus" + sign), or use the boolean "AND", as in "plaquenil AND pregnancy". Don't type the quote marks. You have to use all caps on the word "AND". Click on the "Search Now" button link in the lower right of that particular section of the page. You'll get all sorts of hits. You can modify your searches in all sorts of ways, but for us "non-computer" types, that should do to narrow the field down. If I don't get what I want, I try different search terms (or words to search on).

On page 3 of this particular section of WHL are these two relatively recent threads:
    Prenancy and medications
    and
    Plaquenil and breastfeeding
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jmail For This Useful Post:

steve.b (03-07-2013), Tammy32 (03-05-2013)