Thread: Blog for Lupus

Hybrid View

Thanks

Post Blog for Lupus

Hello all you wonderful people!

My name is Miranda
    I'm a freshman in college, so I'm 18 years old, and I was diagnosed with Lupus when I was 16. I've never really been into the whole online thing, but after my first semester in college I realized I want to start a blog just so I can get all my issues out to where someone else might understand. So here's a little background info on myself...

I'm a Nursing major at my dream college in Virginia. I'm in the biggest marching band in the nation (it's pretty awesome). I'm very active in the community, actually I completed my Gold Award for Girl Scouts on Lupus awareness. I'm way too active and it has highly negative consequences because my Lupus tends to flare up more because of it. But yeah....Not sure of what else to say.. I'd love to meet more people with Lupus (especially my age).

TTFN!

Thanks

Hi Miranda, and welcome to WHL. I'm not the one to get advice from, other than I can tell to NOT do as I did. I didn't take care of myself and ignored symptoms for years. You pay for that in the long run. Definitely take care of yourself. You'll have to "feel around" a bit, get your meds & lupus "balanced", and go from there as to how much activity (and what type) you can deal with. That's impressive that you've gotten a Girl Scouts Gold Award. Not many young women can say that. Be sure and browse around the site.
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."