Thread: Newly Diagnosed

Thanks

Default Newly Diagnosed

My name is Tammy Sue and I'm from the gorgeous Pacific Northwest. I'm a very young 50 year old woman with hopes and dreams that have been stomped on by this horrible illness. My first step is establishing relationships with my doctors and reading all the "beneficial" books I can on Lupus. What can you suggest to me? I'm somewhat of an information junkie so reading is a pleasure that I can still do as it involves resting and blankets and pillows!

I love doing art, decorating my home, taking care of my family, and doing anything creative. These pastimes have taken a backseat lately and now that I have a diagnosis I'm hoping that in time I'll be back to sharing my talent with others.

I just wanted to say hello and I hope to meet some new friends here.

Thanks

Hi Tammy Sue. I was recently diagnosed with Lupus and am 45. I know what you mean about Lupus stomping on your hopes and dreams. It sure is frustrating!

I have read every book on our library's shelves. The one I come back to over and over that I now own is: The Lupus Book by Daniel Wallace. This one is really informative. As far as other books are concerned, just be aware that older books contain a gloomier prognosis of Lupus.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Nicole For This Useful Post:

TammySue (03-02-2013), tupelohoney (03-02-2013)