Thread: Michael J Fox tv show

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Default Michael J Fox tv show

Did any of you catch the premier of Michael J Fox's new show last night? I've always been a fan of his so was happy to see him back on tv. He's been living with Parkinson's for several years and it was incorporated into the show. Personally, I thought they handled it beautifully. It wasn't a case of "pity me please, I have Parkinson's" but a story of a person living and doing his best to thrive inspite of his illness. Were jokes made? Sure they did but they were in good taste (again, in my opinion). I don't know about the rest of you, but I've joked several times about my lupus (hey, I have a lifetime supply of material so why not use it?) I hope the show makes it. I'm excited that we have a positive roll model on tv for a chronic illness.
    "I'm going to get healthy or die trying"

Thanks

Meeee, I saw it and loved it.
    Like you, I have always loved MJF. He still looks young, doesn't he?
    I don't think the jokes were inappropriate. I like the part, where he was putting food on his wifes plate ( or tried to) and his wife said, " no time for personal victories, we are hungry".
    Do you mind if I ask you, how bad your Parkinsons is?
    You are right, about having roll models on tv, with chronic illnesses. Hopefully it will open some peoples eyes and they lern how to be a little more compassionate.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Blog Entries
    Thanks

What I love about MJF is he has made it okay to make jokes about him because he himself does it(of course tasteful jokes). I kind of used him as a role model when I first got sick and made jokes about my disease because I find healthy people just don't know how they are suppose to react especially teenagers to something like lupus. I guess that is why I wasn't made fun of a lot because I am the one that started the jokes.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Even though Michael J Fox has Parkinson's, I think a lot of what he goes through is universal. Whether it is Lupus, Parkinson's, MS, or any other chronic disease, there are a lot of similiar situations we all can relate to. For me personally, I loved the part when his wife asked him when he took his meds when they were in their pajamas (work with me here people, I'm trying to remain PG rated)... anyhow, that is such a page out of the book of my Lupus life! Spontaneous? Sure! after the meds have kicked in! I so hope the show thrives!
    "I'm going to get healthy or die trying"

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Can't wait to see it. I can relate to it all, Lupus and Parkinson's. I can't tell you how many times my famille has said...... "mom, did you take you meds............. Mom you just dropped that plate did you take your meds today????????"

What night is it on?

Mom you can't type what you're thinking

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

I haven't seen the show. I saw previews of the show and I was so happy to see MJF back on television. I saw him on the Emmy's and was so impressed. I have also always been a fan of his. I will have to set my DVR to tape the show, hopefully the premier will play again.

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!