Thread: Whl rules on natural cures

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,732 Times in 1,205 Posts

Default Whl rules on natural cures

A note to all members.

We here at WHL believe that the ONLY way to keep our Lupus under control is with the use of Western medicine. If you are looking for a site to discuss holistic approaches to handling this diseases then you need to find another forum. Our stance is firm on this matter and is non negotiable. Members arguing against western medicines and/or for holistic approaches can and will be banned from this site. We have had friends and family members die from their attempts to give up proven medicine for unproven methods and we are not willing to be responsible for the loss of others.

While everyone is allowed their opinion on this topic this site will continue to focus on proven methods of treatment for our disease.

Mari
    Last edited by tgal; 03-17-2013 at 08:24 AM.
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tgal For This Useful Post:

chikititalinda (08-29-2013), Saysusie (08-27-2013)

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Well Said and thank you for reiterating our stance on this matter!

Peace and Blessings
    Namaste
    Saysusie
    Look For The Good and Praise It!

Thanks

Yipes, I just found out today that I have lupus, and just joined this forum/site today. This is the first thread I came across, and am hoping that other things I read in this are more welcoming and not so strict and judgmental. I am open to any ideas and opinions from others that have lupus, regardless of the treatment that is considered to be beneficial in their various heritages and cultures and am hoping to get helpful info and also to maybe help others like me, someway.

Thanks

Hello again. I am actually glad this is one of the first things you read because it is a hard and fast rule here. When it comes to "natural" or unapproved ways of treating this disease they are not allowed to be discussed on this site. We don't have many rules but if you are looking for a place to discuss alternative ways to treat your disease there are plenty of them out there. We have lost loved ones trying to do that and this site was built as a way to get real, proven information out there. Of course some members are on special diets or do things not proven after discussing it with their doctor but since Lupus is such an individual disease we don't allow discussions of those alternatives.

if you can abide by that rule we are more than happy to have you and we welcome you to our WHL family
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Hello,

I am so very sorry that you have lost loved ones to this, and sorry I was so quick to comment. I apologize and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. And thanks for welcoming me to the WHL family-

Thanks

We don't have many rules here and I know this sounds harsh but please know you are welcome in our family. We want to be here to help everyone, that is our only goal. We have few rules but sometimes it takes a post like this to get the point across.

I am sorry you have been hit with this terrible disease. It does make it easier to have people around that understand and it can get better
    Mari

~Winston Churchill~