Thread: New member looking for friends

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default New member looking for friends

I was diagnosed with SLE over 6 years ago. I currently have Lupus, Raynauds, fibromyalgia, chronic fatrigue and lots of bursitis. It took me over 5 years to get SSDI, though it has a provision that I have to be reexamaned each November, because the Judge said lupus can be cured.

I have a one to two hour nap each day to get thru the day and I hurt in my joints all the time. My finger tips go numb alot, making doing my favoriate thing (quilting) hard. I haven't had a flare for a while, luckily. I'm just really tired of being tired.

I live in the mountains and don't see too many people. I really miss working for the social aspect.

Not sure what elst to say. I'm really new to chats/ message boards.

Thanks

I'm happy to meet you and you have come to be best web site I have found for those of us with lupus.I have 2 kids and 2 stepchildern ages 24,12,7and 13 months.I enjoy knitting and I know what you mean about hurting hands.My daughter is the baby and I am still working on the blanket I started before she was born.I used to be able to get blankets done in about one week and now? I hope you meet alot of good and kind people here.Email me any time if you want to talk.
    Your friend in Texas, Jessica

Thanks

Welcome to our family Teresa. I am so so sorry you hurt and get tired, as many of us do. But having a sounding board like this one to get the frustrations and triumphs (on the good days, or even the bad ones) is tremendous for your spirit. It really helps to know there are others that feel as I do, then you don't feel so alone and like you are losing it.
    As for that judge, I would LOVE to know what the cure is for Lupus. I'm sure most of us here would cause that is certainly news to me. O the ignorance of the uninformed and definitely unitiated in this disease.

Thanks

Welcome Teresa! We are glad to have you amoung our family. We are all very supportive of one another and hope that you can find all the comfort that we all can possible give you. Sorry to hear that you are tired and hurting. We are here for you so any time just give us a shout!! :lol:

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi Teresa :lol:
    Welcome to our forum and our family. You will find the kindest, most understanding and informative people here. Everyone here understands what you are going through because someone will have gone through it also. We are here to provide you with compassion, understanding, support, information and just a place to talk.
    You will most definately find friends here :P

Once again, Welcome
    Peace and Blessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TracyDawn
    As for that judge, I would LOVE to know what the cure is for Lupus. I'm sure most of us here would cause that is certainly news to me. O the ignorance of the uninformed and definitely unitiated in this disease.
    Yeah, really! Let's all go down and line up at his chambers - if he thinks there's a cure, what does he think we're all waiting for!?! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks

hi teresa

i'm nicole and totally feel u. i've suffered from lupus & polymyostis since 1994. i too feel alone and i can be in a room of 200.

try to keep your head up and do what u can and not what people think u should.

feel free to PM me anytime because i like talking to people who understand me.

love
    nicole

Thanks

Default hello

Hi Teresa, jessica, butterfly, and all the other kind people on here,

I can relate to how you feel, and for 11 years now the pain continues for me on a daily basis.
    I feel happy sitting here thou, that I am not alone in this, and you can type and say how you feel and so many people can relate.

I have spent hours, and years now trying to look back in my life ... to see what it was that I did different to get lupus...
    Its silly - but there are days I just want to come up with some answers, I dream of the day I can go to the beach and wear a dress or shorts or just do little things that so many take for granted...

God bless,
    rouge13 (from australia)