Thread: another lupus symptom??

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default another lupus symptom??

Hi everyone. I know I'm having a flare right now but here is my question, it is painful when I swallow, even just air or involuntary swallowing, food and liquids for sure. I feel sharp pains in my chest, it's getting worse, any ideas what it could be or if it's normal? Feels like I have a huge blockage in my throat.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Flare or no I recommend that if you are having any type of chest pains that you seek Emergency Care. IMHO if you begin to have chest pains that continue and worsen etc then seek medical attention.Even if you had been seen by a Dr for this symptom if you begin having worsening,severe pain in your chest you SHOULD be checked to rule out anything dangerous going on.

Honestly I am not trying to be rude/freak you out/cause you alarm * I swear * but You could be having a heart attack or some other severe issue.Regardless of age,diagnosed illness or not and women present differently than men and people vary wildly in their symptoms.Some aren't even aware they have had one until they have another.

Chest pains are nothing to mess with especially ones that are WORSENING.Please get this checked.It could be nothing but it could be something!I would want to make sure it's NOTHING.

Be well and please get this checked.
    SLE w/Sjogrens Overlap and Raynaud's diagnosed in 2007.Fibro in 2009.

The Early Bird May Get The Worm But the Second Mouse Gets The Cheese.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ItsLupus2007 For This Useful Post:

debbie-b (02-24-2013), tgal (02-26-2013)

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,617 Times in 1,107 Posts

please NEVER EVER take chest pain for granted.

it is better to be safe an poor........
    than have a problem go unchecked.

i could offer lots of possabilities.......
    but please seek medical intervention for chest pains..... ALWAYS
    When you're stressed, You eat Ice cream, Cake, Chocolate & Sweets. Why? Because stressed spelled backwards is DESSERTS.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steve.b For This Useful Post:

ItsLupus2007 (02-24-2013), tgal (02-26-2013)

Thanks

I have been having these exact same things happen. The doctor told me I am having anxiety attacks.
    I also have the sore throat too!

Thanks

Please let your doctor know or go to an emergency room. Two years ago my husband and I went to the urgent care clinic for what he thought was inflamation of an old chest injury around his sternum. Two days later he was having triple bypass surgery. He had 90% blockage right in an area of the heart they call the "widow maker." His EKG and every other test they did looked great until he failed the stress test and had to have nitroglycerine. They almost sent him home because he kept downplaying it like he had reinjured his muscles. A great cardiologist kept saying "I just feel that something's not right," and didn't let him go home. Never brush off that kind of pain. Best wishes.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

We never mess around with chest pain or breathing problems. It may be nothing but it is never worth the risk
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~