Thread: hi

Thanks

Default hi

I have not been diagnosed with lupus yet but that is what my doctor thinks at this time.

I went to the ER the other night with elevated blood pressure (BP always normal that night was 170/105)
    Edema in my legs, feet and face (happened very suddenly within a week)
    lower back pain
    extreme fatigue

ER doc did not really think it was anything serious but still wanted to excluded possibilities so he did a blood and urine test.
    Urine test showed I am spilling protein in my urine and that my kidneys are not functioning properly.

I got a biopsy done on my kidneys and the results are pending. Last conversation at the hospital with the doctor was that it may be lupus...I am really scared. Are any of these symptoms lupus related?

Sorry if this is not where I should have posted this thread just wanted to get this out there.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Hi and Welcome

I am sorry to hear that you were sent to the Hospital suffering with such a sudden and severe issue.

I hope your biopsy comes back with solid answers.

Lupus can affect the Kidneys.It is called Lupus Nephritis.I would ask what other tests were ran that made the Dr think Lupus.Were you referred to a Rheumy or are you waiting to get the biopsy results back first?

Hope you hear something soon and are comfortable.
    SLE w/Sjogrens Overlap and Raynaud's diagnosed in 2007.Fibro in 2009.

The Early Bird May Get The Worm But the Second Mouse Gets The Cheese.

Thanks

I did not ask at the time what tests lead him to this conclusion, it all happened so fast.

I am a 25 year old healthy female that doesnt know what happened. He said that he is waiting to get my results back from my biopsy.

Also, today I have gotten a rash on my chest leading to my neck...I dont know what to do.