Thread: Hello to All

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Hello to All

My name is Dianne and I was diagnosed with SLE 10 years ago. For the last three years, it seems I keep getting new symptoms which, even though I know is the course, still never seems keep from surprising me. I was reading some of the posts today and appreciate the openness and honesty of people on the site. Dealing with all of this is tough at times and I hope to be able to share some of my strength with others and have others there for some my rough times.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Dianne For This Useful Post:

tgal (02-21-2013)

Thanks

Welcome to WHL Dianne. Never a dull moment with all the changes a person encounters while on this journey, eh?
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."

Thanks

Hi Dianne,

Welcome at WHL.
    We are here for you, you can vent, cry or share your good days with us.

Eve
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

5. The Following User Says Thank You to debbie-b For This Useful Post:

tgal (02-21-2013)

Thanks

Thanks Eve... I appreciate knowing that there are people who understand and willing to listen.

Thanks

Hello and welcome to WHL! It's a great group of people. I'm sure you'll learn new things and be able to contribute from your ten years of SLE experience.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dianne View Post
    Thanks Eve... I appreciate knowing that there are people who understand and willing to listen.

LOL, I don't know, why I signed with Eve. it's my middle name and I never use it, must be major brain fog.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

Totally understand the brain fog moment... I have to constantly keep trying to not to get mad (at lupus... at myself) when I forget stuff, feel lost, or can't remember basic things. I am so lucky to have loved ones around who understand at can even help me to laugh at it!

Thanks

You are so right. It feels as if just when I adjust to one symptom, "surprise" there's another!

I have read several posts and they have made me feel less like I am the only one going through all this. There are times when I do feel as if no one understands how it feels to always not feel well. I used to be a pretty athletic person and, while I have been trying to get in some walking and swimming, it is sometimes hard to adjust to all the limitations.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Dianne For This Useful Post:

tupelohoney (03-04-2013)

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,742 Times in 1,211 Posts

I think that is the best part about our WHL family. There is always somewhere you don't have to feel alone. Welcome to our family and I look forward to your input
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~