Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toe Raynaud's

Thanks

Mine started in my feet, and now is much worse in my hands. My index finger is almost blue 24/7 so its kind of a miracle I haven't gotten an ulcer this past year (knock on wood). I have to take medications because just keeping my hands and feet warm isn't enough. Also, my rheum always says that just keeping the affected areas warm isn't enough you need to keep your WHOLE body warm. Wear hats! You lose a lot of heat through your head.
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, Interstitial Lung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Fibromyalgia, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 60mg Nifedipine, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, Trazadone, 8mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

My old profile on here http://forum.wehavelupus.com/member.php?22042-ritzbit

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ritzbit2 View Post
    Mine started in my feet, and now is much worse in my hands. My index finger is almost blue 24/7 so its kind of a miracle I haven't gotten an ulcer this past year (knock on wood). I have to take medications because just keeping my hands and feet warm isn't enough. Also, my rheum always says that just keeping the affected areas warm isn't enough you need to keep your WHOLE body warm. Wear hats! You lose a lot of heat through your head.
    Ritz, that is awesome advice regarding keeping your whole body warm. My toes are blue almost all the time, so I tried putting a heating pad to warm my feet under my desk. And yet, even though my feet were toasty warm, my toes were still blue. I'll try bundling up more and see if that helps. The skin is starting to look weird on a few of my toes, so I'm a little concerned about them.

Thanks

Have you talked to your doctor about starting some medication to help with it? You don't want to let it go and then end up with ulcers like me. They are very painful. I get them on my fingers. I can't imagine trying to walk with them on my toes. If you start dressing even warmer and they are still acting up really bad I would ask about Amlodipine or Nifedipine. I also wear a nitroglyercin patch along with keeping warm and taking the Nifedipine lol and still that index finger is blue! My rheum always introduces me to the med students like this "This is Brittney, she has lupus. Here come take a look at her fingers, they always look like that." lol I'm not kidding when I say that either, I have pretty terrible raynauds.
    "A bad cold wouldn't be so annoying if it weren't for the advice of our friends."~ Kin Hubbard

Diagnosed: SLE, Raynauds, Interstitial Lung Disease, GERD, Myositis, Vasculitis, Fibromyalgia, Possible Sjogrens.
    Medications: 400mg Plaquenil, 2000mg Cellcept, 60mg Nifedipine, Nitroglycerin Patch, 20mg Prilosec, Trazadone, 8mg Medrol, 81mg Asprin.

My old profile on here http://forum.wehavelupus.com/member.php?22042-ritzbit

Thanks

I soak my feet every night in a huge bowl of hot water for an hour... refreshing the water at the 30 minute mark. I add essential oils to it for some aromatherapy as well. I also wear fuzzy socks, usually 2 to 30 pairs with a pair of slippers over them. I also use lotions on my feet and hands every day. I read the castor oil is good for circulation so if you can stand the viscosity of this oil lightly massage it into your feet before putting your socks on and it does help me a bit. I also do this when my hands and fingers get too cold as well and wear light weight knit gloves until they feel warm enough.