Thread: Tummy trouble?

Thanks

Default Tummy trouble?

Hi, ya'll
    I'm recently diagnoised, and trying to sort out which of a myrid of vague symptoms might be associated with lupus.

Recently, I went through about a month of diarrhea that didn't seem to have any other gastrointestinal symptoms.

I seem to remember that diarrhea is a symptom. Has anyone else had this unpleasent trouble?

nfire:

Saysusie is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Universe
    Blog Entries
    Thanks

Jude;
    Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) is a common symptom of Lupus and many of us suffer from it. Some people with IBS have constipation (difficult or infrequent bowel movements); others have diarrhea (frequent loose stools, often with an urgent need to move the bowels); and some people experience both. Sometimes, the person with IBS has a crampy urge to move the bowels but cannot do so.
    The cause of IBS is not known, and as yet there is no cure. Doctors call it a functional disorder because there is no sign of disease when the colon is examined.
    There are many sites on the internet concerning IBS: symptoms, treatments and causes. If you think that you may be suffering from this, talk to your doctor.

Peace and BLessings
    Saysusie

Thanks

Yup - have IBS kind of symptoms. Just when I think I've figured out a rhyme or reason, it throws me off. I take fiber tabs every day, though. Doc said it's good no matter which problem your having as it helps "regulate things"

Gotta love it.....
    Missy