Thread: kidney/renal biopsy

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default kidney/renal biopsy

Hello all,

I had a kidney biopsy performed on Monday. I stayed over night for monitoring and when I awoke on Tuesday morning my doctor told me that I had to stay an additional day because my hemoglobin was low. I also had a ct scan done that showed peri-nephric hematoma (bleeding around my kidney). However, by Wednesday morning my hemoglobin level was back to normal without any intervention.

All the post-biopsy testimonials that I have read report little to no pain and being able to leave the same day. I have now missed an entire week of work and I am still in a lot of pain.

What have everyone else's experiences been with kidney biopsies? Did anyone else experience persistent pain following the procedure? I just need a piece of mind!

Thanks!
    Best wishes,

M

Lupus, Secondary Raynaud's Phenomenon, Pernio (Chilblains)
    Plaquenil, Amlodipine

Thanks

I've not ever had a kidney Bx, but I've had others done and have always been released the same day. I have, however, I did have post-bx pain (some due to sutures, other times it's been due to the amount of tissue removed to get clear margins).

Sorry that this has been so unpleasant for you.

Have you spoken with your doctor about the pain you continue to have?

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

I cant help with this one because I haven't had one but I did want you to know that I am sorry for what you are goin through. I am here if you want to talk. Feel free to PM any time
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

I too am here if you want to talk/vent.

Thanks

I had a double biopsy in November, but was released the same day. They made me stay for a few hours to make sure I wasn't bleeding. I was warned that if I bleed I would have to stay longer.