Thread: Keeping the "drug" in DIL

Hybrid View

Thanks

Default Keeping the "drug" in DIL

Hi, ya'll
    I was just diagnosed with drug-induced lupus, on the strength of ANA tests and a few mild symptoms.

Here's my dilema (sp?) and I'd love to hear from you about it.

The drug(s) that are probably inducing lupus are the drugs that keep me on the planet - antiseizure meds that control a pretty flamboyant bipolar disorder with psychotic overtones (when NPR talks to YOU in the morning, it makes the day so much more special!)

I'm not willing to fool around with a neuropsych meds that actually seems to be working, but I'm not crazy about staying "in lupus". Anyone else out there with this situation?

Jude

ainting:

Thanks

Default inadvertant profanity

Those of you who have read my post encountered a rather naughty phrase that was inserted instead of the word I used to describe a combination of ingredients, the medication equivalent of a martini.

I have no idea what caused this, and apologize if I offended anyone.
    Jude ~ annoyed

Thanks

It probably wasn't you, that happens every so often... As far as DILE I'm not really incredibly familiar with it... But, I would THINK that if the drugs causing the Lupus are keeping you HERE I think it would be the lesser of two evils... What is your quality of life like WITH the Lupus as opposed to without it? If your Lupus is mild and they think it can be easily stabilized, I'd say stay with what you know works... If your Lupus is pretty severe, maybe there is an alternative drug that you could take that wouldn't have the Lupus side effect???

I'm just pulling stuff out of my nose! Feel free to call BS anytime! LOL!

Welcome to our little family! Hopefully someone will be able to help you better than I! LOL! :lol: :lol:
    "All sounds are potentially dangerous.
    All sounds are potentially medicinal.
    All sounds are beautiful." ~Yoko Ono