Thread: joint issues PLEASE HELP

Thanks

Default joint issues PLEASE HELP

Hi Everybody I am pretty new to this site, however not new to Lupus. I do have a question and I was hoping someone will know if this is a sympton of Lupus or something else.

Here it goes: I work during the day and am fine, clean the house, do laundry, take care of the kids....but when it gets to night time or if I sit down for like 20 minutes every joint in my body goes stiff and by the time I want to go to bed I almost need a wheelchair. I have actually went to dinner and by the time we want to leave I can hardly walk out of the door. Most of the time my husband has to help me walk to bed. Does this sound like anyone else? Most of my issues are pleurisy and some weird stuff happens with my skin but my joints are becoming a huge problem. As I am writing this my fingers are feeling weird. I dont know..if anyone can help I would be forever grateful.

Amanda

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,631 Times in 1,118 Posts

amanda,
    your problem sounds similar to one i face.....
    for me inflamaton is a big issue.
    if i sit too long i one position......
    i end up like you are stating.

the hard thing to work out is the amount of time can differ dramatically.
    and sometimes part of my body will go all tingley, and go to sleep.....
    other times it just locks up.

but everytime it is from fluidbuildup within the mucles.
    i have spent many hours discussing this with my pcp and rhuemy.

you may have a different reason......
    but fluid is my cause.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

I too am the same as what you and steve both describe.

It takes me a good while to get going in the AM,if I sit after being up for a while I feel "stuck" almost.And I have a very hard time getting unlocked.This seems to be a common symptom.I love my heating pads and voltaren gel-unfortunately you cant use them together but at least between them I can try to get most problem areas covered.
    SLE w/Sjogrens Overlap and Raynaud's diagnosed in 2007.Fibro in 2009.

The Early Bird May Get The Worm But the Second Mouse Gets The Cheese.

Thanks

My joints are giving me the most trouble of all the symptoms I have, the joint pain is with me every day. If the pain is real bad, I take Mobic ( anti inflammatory) and it does help somewhat. Btw, I have Lupus, RA and Sjogrens.
    I am stiff and in pain in the morning, or when I sit for a little while. I am like you, getting up and walking is almost impossible.
    Talk to your rheumy about.

Debbie
    I may have been dealt a bad hand, but at least I'm still playing with a full deck. ( most of the time anyway).

Thanks

What meds are you on Amanda? Be sure and talk with your docs. It might be that they might want to add something to your "mix" to help combat joint swelling, or whatever they suspect as the cause. Do you actually see and feel the joints swell, or is it maybe fluid in the muscle, like steve does (since you mention pleurisy). Be sure and mention how your fingers feel. I'm guessing you were typing later in the day/evening? My fingers are actually feeling much better today, with the weather change. Unfortunately, my brain is refusing to co-operate in their proper functioning. I bet I've hit the back space key more than any other key this evening... "Delete" is running a close 2nd. It wouldn't be so bad, if it didn't take 20 minutes to type this up, ya know?... |;^)
    "There but for the grace of God, go I."
    "... His mercy endureth for ever."

Thanks

Amanda, joint pain is my most painful symptom, and mine sounds like it mimics yours. I can be moving fine and functioning relatively pain-free when I leave work. By the time I sit in the car for the twenty minute drive home, I'm in real pain. It's very strange. I take 500 mg. of Lodine, and it helps so much. My morning dose has worn on off by that time, and it takes a couple of hours before I feel any relief from the night dose. It keeps me functioning though. I shudder to think what it would be like without it.

Thanks

I take plaquenil (however you spell it) right now. I have to somehow figure out this joint problem. I am 36 years old and my kids keep seeing me and I get so sad. They are too young to understand but I cant live like this. It is just miserable.

Blog Entries
    Thanks

~hugs~ I know just how you feel. I'm having issues at the moment with one of my hips and both my elbows (although one is much more painful than the other). I can only assume that since I have an 8 month old baby, my elbows aren't enjoying the fact I'm carrying him around with my arms now instead of inside my belly! ~lol~ Hang in there xx
    Numpty:- (num-p-tee) dialect, chiefly Scot, ~n. 1. a bumbling fool: one who is intellectually challenged. 2. widely known in Scotland as an MSP (Member of Scottish Parliament).