Thread: SCARED- Legitimate, or have I lost it....

Thanks

Unhappy SCARED- Legitimate, or have I lost it....

Ok so I've been on prednisone for 5 days now only had a 7 day supply but 1st 2 days were rough mental roidish way but everything was great. Inflammation down etc, in fact , I havent felt this good for years. So the last 3 days were great, I busted my butt at work, felt good etc , was able to work hard for once ( I work at Walmart Deli, unpaid, understaffed yada yada you got the drift) Anyway I wear contacts for my vision , Im nearsighted but I dont sleep in them and I take care of my eyes as best I know, well Im in my car and I start feeling like something is in my eye it hurts, almost between my contact and eye or i thought my contact ripped and scratched it. But I get home and nothing so I take contact out and leave it out but my eye has a weird sensation to it. Then like apressure of a sort behind my left eye, then within 15 minutes it goes between the eyes then the right eye as well, at this point something odd is happening, they just all the sudden feel buggy, then when I put my hands over them they felt goofy, To the bathroom again, I swear my eyes are pushed out of my socket or something further, than they usually are, I have a headache bad, also my friggin vision is messed up , I can't see up close let alone that everything is oddly blurry and the light hurts so bad. Im confused and scared ... (Mainly cause I almost did die 1 time bad situation), but not for here, however that gives me anxiety about bad things happening to me. So anyway, now I still feel the ache of eyes, even this pc screen is killing my eyes, I can't look up at it. I swear and I know Im not crazy , but forehead, temples etc are swelled, My ears have been ringing for the last 2 hours and I had some weird chlorine pool water taste in my mouth after I inhaled a sniffle. The base of my neck hurts as well as my neck. Im feeling awfully tired n weak, like my legs and arms(Ive had for a while almost like Ive been lifting weights and Im on my last few reps of my 3rd set and my body says NO) I just feel unnormal and I can't figure why .Now, Ive been a Migraine sufferer for years and this is different, my actual physical eyeballs feel weird like nowmy eyelid just started feeling like theres something stuck between it and my eye....but theres nothing.. Im just like dumbfounded and its midnight...I tried google searches but Im not getting anywhere,l like I guess I wonder could this be something Important I shouldnt just sleep off..Oh IDK... ANy advice is GREAT

Thanks

Just wanted to reply because I understand why you must be freaking out! Unfortunately I have no idea what to suggest. I know that's not what you want to hear. Have you tried taking anything for the pain in your eyes? If it is really bothering you I would suggest getting it checked out. So what if you are crazy, better to be crazy than potentially leave a problem to get worse.

Try stay calm because you don't want any panicky feelings to confuse you...I know thats easier said than done...but anxiety attacks cause horrible symtpoms...yours sound unsettling enough already without adding to it!

Hope you sort something, keep us updated with what you do.
    I spent 2 years travelling Australia. Check out my travel blog at http://travelpod.com/members/helenlear

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Shine For This Useful Post:

tgal (02-04-2013)

Thanks

Well I looked in the mirror and saw my forehead looked inflamed at the scalp. so in my search of what could this be thanks to GOOGLE which my BF is ready to ban me from, I came across something that had all the symptoms of what Im having right now. Sounds alot like Scleritis. not saying thats what it is but if so then it's def not life threatening. This made sense since the vision , pain in neck jaw, etc plus I remembered my rash looks like a discoid or weird rash circles that started 2 weeks ago and im still finding new ones and that right now I can say my chest inflammation is back because Im have those danged pains again. I probably way over did work the last 3 days running like a mad woman cause I havent moved like that in so LONG almost 2 years LOL and so 2 years of slow poking it, tired, sore, fatigued etc etc...I wish I wasnt working tomorrow well today, I am gonna relax.... Im good now though I feel a lil better .....

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi and welcome to WHL.

i don't want to scare you but NEVER ignore pain in the neck and jaw especially with the pressure you are feeling. Women's heart attack symptoms are very different then men's and those are classic signs. I suggest you make an aappointment to see the doctor just to be on the safe side.

Some things we put off but things like this we done
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Blog Entries
    Thanks

If the symptoms have not gone you should seek treatment as Mari said there are several different things that this could be an unfortunately we cant diagnose you although I do my kids all the time right before we head to the dr

If it is Scleritis it will definitely require treatment as that is not a condition that goes away on its own it can have devastating results and the quicker you seek treatment the better the outcome is for long term prognosis and treatment.I know this for a fact as I have had it and it was not fun,involved many trips to the eye dr,and a ton of meds.I am knocking on wood right now as I still remember the pain and that was years ago.It took my eye dr to diagnose and to treat-not rheumy or reg dr.

Be well and I am glad you are feeling better this morning.
    Last edited by ItsLupus2007; 02-04-2013 at 08:03 AM.
    SLE w/Sjogrens Overlap and Raynaud's diagnosed in 2007.Fibro in 2009.

The Early Bird May Get The Worm But the Second Mouse Gets The Cheese.

Thanks

so as the day went on I got worse my eyes hurt so bad and I don't mean just a headache I mean like my actual eyeballs hurt. So I called my ophthalmologist. Who got me in today and fortunately I don't think it's serious. Actually its not.he did say that I have severe inflammation. he did say to steroids to the doctor put me on for the other inflammation maybe working for that but somehow it caused my eyes to become inflamed. So he says no contacts add you put me on a steroid drops for my eyes and said he'll see me next week. Anything me home what's the most excruciating pain in my eyes in my face in my head. I have never had a headache this bad actually I've had migraines I get them a lot but this is by far the worst I've ever felt and it just will not go away. I never cried over a migraine or headache or employees to my eyes anything like that until tonight. The only good thing is that if it's not bad it surely can't get any worse can it lol

Blog Entries
    Thanks

Make sure to keep all follow up appts and take your meds like the optho told you.If it worsens between now and next week dont wait until the appt to let them know that.Call and go in.Always better to be safe than sorry especially where the eyes are concerned.
    SLE w/Sjogrens Overlap and Raynaud's diagnosed in 2007.Fibro in 2009.

The Early Bird May Get The Worm But the Second Mouse Gets The Cheese.

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,741 Times in 1,211 Posts

Ouch! I just got over a round of optic neuritis (inflammation of the optic nerve). I had it for about 4 months before I decided to to tell someone about this new, horrible headache and the fact that I couldn't see all of a sudden ( stupid I know but after so many years of Lupus I just thought it was another type of headache and that I needed new glasses). Thankfully a big ol'shot of steroids got mine under control but they are keeping an eye on it. I have to go back every 3 months.

it is very painful and as was said in the post above make sure to keep all of your appointments! You don't want this to get out of hand!
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~