Thread: Roger

Thanks

Default Roger

Has anyone had the Lupus go after the Cartilidge in the nose with pain and swelling over the bridge? Seems like it is always something new! Trying to decide if it a Lupus flare, or Cellulitis! Thanks! Roger

tgal is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the Solar System
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,740 Times in 1,211 Posts

Hi Roger,

yes. Lupus or AI issues can affect the cartilage. It is actually called polychondritis. Below is some info from the mayo clinic online. Hope this helps

http://www.mayoclinic.org/medical-ed...2/mar-16a.html
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Thank you tgal for the link to Mayo! Did not see them make the connection between Lupus and Polychrondritis, although they are both Autoimmune! The other concern is Cellulitis! Have been taking some Bactrim I had on hand, just in case! Since the Lupus has been so active this year, it was my first thought! Lupus gets the blame for everything around here anymore! The case is strong for all three! Really appreciate the feedback though!

Thanks

Hey Roger,

I guess I am so used to the idea of overlapping diseases that I wasn't clear in my explanation. That was my fault. When you have Lupus or other AI issues and you know you have active inflammation going on it oftentimes happens that the inflammation will attack another part of the body which will lead to an additional named disease. Many of us here have several. If you ask me I am going to tell you Lupus but it has brought on many secondary AI diseases.

Since you know that you have inflammation happening I would suggest getting this looked into (remember that I am not a doctor nor am I dispensing medical advice)
    Mari

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.

~Winston Churchill~

Thanks

Thanks very much! I am in the VA system, so appointments are 2 weeks out, unless you are dying! You learn to do a lot of your own research! They have never seen Lupus with both Diabetes and Cold Agglutinin disease, so we are learning together! The strange part about this attack is that with all the pain and swelling, you would think I would be running a fever! Been between 96.5 and 98.0 all week! Very different! Thanks again! Makes a guy feel like he isn't alone in the battle! Roger

Thanks

First I want to thank you for your service. I wish I could do more but it is all I have.

best thing about this place is that we don't have to feel alone. Especially when all the weird stuff happens (and we all get weird stuff)

I found this in "the Lupus Book". Thought it might help.

http://books.google.com/books?id=Fy2...ed=0CEMQ6AEwBA

let us know what they find out
    Mari

~Winston Churchill~

rob is offline Super Moderator Super ModeratorEmperor of the World
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,105 Times in 628 Posts

Hi Roger,

Never had it go after the cartilage in my nose, but I've had it go after the cartilage in my ears. The outer ear, earlobes and all, get inflamed and hurt like the dickens. For me it usually happens in conjunction with inflammation of the cartilage in my ribcage-costochondritis. Not particularly dangerous, but not fun. Big-time pain.

Frakking Lupus-it's always looking for new and creative ways to screw things up!

Rob

8. The Following User Says Thank You to rob For This Useful Post:

tgal (01-31-2013)

Thanks

Thanks! Roger

Thanks

Have had all you mention! You are right! No fun!!! Roger