After several years of weird symptoms that intensified over the last two years, I was finally referred to a neurologist. I was in the end of a flare and had called to get on the cancellation list. I was so frustrated that I literally walked in with a long list of all the symptoms and tests my GP had ordered. She asked if I had been in any stressful situations lately. She said, "I think you have a lot of stress and anxiety. Maybe your body is saying 'Enough! I can't do this any more!" Then she said, "But I wouldn't want to make a statement like that without doing a thorough investigation." When she left the room, I cried because I thought I had wasted my time seeing her. However, after all the tests (MRI, EEG, EMG, NCS, and many blood tests) she said, "I found a lot more than I wanted to find." She diagnosed me with multiple issues (severe cervical spinal stenosis, severe carpal tunnel in both hands, diabetes, small nerve fiber neuropathy, and Lupus, based on my symptoms and blood work (abnormal ANA, Anti-DS DNA and High C-reactive protein). She said my rheumatologist and GP would be managing my care, but she did immediately give me Gabapentin for my nerve pain. So...I went to my new GP. His reaction to the pages of bloodwork? "Well, it's a mixed bag of tests. A diagnosis of Lupus means being put on immunosuppressants. I want to do more blood tests before making that kind of diagnosis. The rheumatologist will want Titers." at this point, I didn't even want to talk to him at all. My rheumy appt. Is in April. My ANA level by then was elevated just enough for the rheumy to see me. I was so relieved to finally have an answer for why I had been suffering. Now I feel like I am in limbo.